Maybe your job requires you to commute at night or before the crack of dawn. You might also be a truck driver that often hauls cargo at night. If you fall into any of these categories or have similar experiences, you are familiar with the glare that comes from vehicles’ headlights.
If your eyes are sensitive to bright lights in low-light settings, this glare can be disorienting. With this in mind, we compiled a list of the best night driving glasses to help improve your driving experience at night.
There are also safety issues involved with glare when traveling at night. If you are traveling in a low-light single carriage road with no additional streetlights, the glare from an approaching vehicle can blind you and cause you to lose control of your car.
This is where nighttime driving glasses come into play. Their lenses are equipped with a tinted yellowish hue that protects your eyes from excessive light that may blind you while driving at night.
- Best Night Driving Glasses: Editor’s Top Picks
- Things to Consider When Selecting Night Driving Glasses
- Top 10 Best Night Driving Glasses Reviews:
- 1. Eagles Eyes Classic Aviator Night-Lite
- 2. Blupond Night Driving glasses-Anti-glare HD Vision
- 3. Blupond Night Driving Glasses
- 4. Duduma Polarised Sports Men’s Sunglasses
- 5. Duco Yellow Night-vision Glasses
- 6. Soxick Night Polarized Glasses for Men and Women
- 7. Soxick Vision Glasses for Rain Day Driving
- 8. Soxick Polarized Night Driving Glasses
- 9. Soxick HD Polarized Anti-Glare Safety Glasses for Night Driving and outdoor activities
- 10. Soxick Night Driving Glasses Anti-Glare HD Clarity Polarized Lenses
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Night Driving Glasses
Best Night Driving Glasses: Editor’s Top Picks
Things to Consider When Selecting Night Driving Glasses
If you are one of those people that have sensitive eyes, driving at night might be one of the most dreadful experiences for you. However, you can solve this problem by buying polarized night driving glasses. Here are some of the top things you should know and consider when shopping for these glasses:
A polarized lens is the most important feature when buying night driving glasses. These polarized lenses minimize glare by only allowing angled vertical light to reach your eyes while canceling out the intense/direct horizontal light.
There are three types of night driving glasses to select. The first type is where the lenses are crafted with a naturally-occurring polarized material. Naturally polarized lenses are the most reliable as they never fade.
The downside to these glasses is that they tend to block out most LCD and LED lights. It can be difficult to read your dash instrument panels when wearing these glasses.
The second type of night driving glasses is regular glasses that are coated with a polarized film to block glare. Polarized film glasses are the cheapest and hence most common glasses on the market. The downside is that the polarized film fades over time from scratching, wiping, and general use.
The third and final type of night driving glass is where the lenses are polarized internally. Due to the complexities of this process, it has to be done in specialized labs. In turn, this makes these glasses reliable and resistant to fading over time. The only downside of these types of glasses is that they are expensive.
There are two main types of lenses used in night driving glasses; Tivex and polycarbonate glasses. Lenses that are made from Tivex are rare but provide the best night-time driving experience.
On top of delivering clear images, Tivex lenses are lighter, and more scratch and impact resistant than polycarbonate glasses. SR-91 lenses make for some of the best night driving glasses where SR-91 is a naturally polarized version of Tivex material.
On the other hand, lenses that are made with polycarbonate material are one of the most common for their affordability and high level of durability. Most of these polycarbonate lenses are shatter-proof – a useful feature if you are a clumsy person or have kids in the vehicle. Polycarbonate lenses also beat plastic lenses for their lightness. However, just like plastic lenses, polycarbonate lenses are known to lessen the optical quality of images.
Daytime sunglasses can have a variety of tint colors without affecting their usability. However, this is not the same case with night-time driving glasses. For night driving glasses to be effective, their tint has to be one specific color, and that is yellow. Different colored lenses react differently with light.
At night, yellow-tinted lenses reduce glare by cutting down on white and blue lights while amplifying less glaring (yellow) light coming from vehicles’ headlights. While yellow lenses tend to distort colors in low-light settings, they enhance the silhouette of objects on the road. This allows you to see more clearly resulting in a better driving experience at night.
Size and Fit
As obvious as this seems, you want to try out the night glasses on to see if they are the correct fit. It is important to find glasses that provide just the right amount of comfort and grip. Loosely fitting glasses might be comfortable to wear for extended periods but can easily fall or slide out of place with sudden head movements.
On the other hand, tightly/snuggly fit glasses are resistant to movement and stay in place as they should. However, they are uncomfortable when worn over extended periods and can restrict blood flow.
Top 10 Best Night Driving Glasses Reviews:
1. Eagles Eyes Classic Aviator Night-Lite
If you want to feel comfortable driving at night yet look stylish, then these are the glasses for you. These glasses not only offer clear vision while driving but also add to your fashion thanks to their gold stainless steel frames.
The good thing about eagles night driving glasses is that they have special non-polarized lenses with an anti-reflective coating which are very useful in filtering out the harsh light that could affect your eyes.
The more nonpolarized technology fitted in their night-lite lenses, enhance visual sharpness, maximum visual definition, and clarity for the best night driving experience during fog and rainy seasons. Their micro-infused yellow lenses with optical grade anti-reflective coating absorb both harmful UV and scattered blue light and help filter out high-intensity glare.
The scratch guards on both their inner and outer lenses help keep them in a perfect condition that will last for years. They are unisex making them wearable by both men and women can wear them.
These glasses are a result of many studies on vision and contrast enhancement under particular lighting conditions. They are aesthetically pleasing, durable and offer visual comfort which makes them worth spending a few bucks on.
- Their lens has an anti-reflective coating.
- The lens technology used is night-lite optical.
- They have micro-infused yellow lenses.
- Their frame style is full.
- Their frame material used is stainless steel.
- They have 2x scratch guard coating on both the inner and outer lens.
- Their lenses are W 60 mm, H 50 mm. The bridge is 15mm and the Temple: 135 mm.
2. Blupond Night Driving glasses-Anti-glare HD Vision
Too often you may find yourself straining to maneuver through the roads in the dead of night. The glare of the bright headlights, LED-lit signage, illuminated billboard, streetlights makes it quite hectic.
Thankfully, the blupond night driving glasses offer a solution to this at a price that will leave you surprised. Sometimes you may be tempted to ask yourself; do night driving glasses really work? The answer is outright, yes they do. Night driving glasses help reduce the glare and increase the contrast, which in turn help you see clearly.
They are one of the best night driving glasses because they have all the right features that you would expect. Their lenses are yellow-tinted to filter out any harmful blue light produced by oncoming vehicle LED lights.
The polarized night driving glasses help reduce the glare for more comfortable nighttime driving. Their lenses are capable of blocking UV rays up to 400 nanometers in wavelength. The lenses are resistant to bumps and drops thanks to the polycarbonate material that makes them.
Their frames are semi-rimmed to give a wider field of vision. They come in titanium, gold, and black colors.
If you are looking to own a stylish pair of night glasses that is economical and offers great value, then this is suited for you.
- Their lenses have a yellow tint which is a seven-layer composite system.
- The classic Italian design makes them fashionable.
- They are made with durable metal construction and reinforced hinges together with lenses that are shatterproof and have a protective coating.
- They come with a high-quality case and car clip holder, microfiber cleaning cloth, and a glasses pouch.
- They have a semi-rimless design to improve your view.
3. Blupond Night Driving Glasses
Whether you are racing a car or riding a motorcycle safety is critical. You ought to avoid anything that could cause an accident. Enhancing your night vision could be one of the steps you should take if you care about your safety and that of others.
These night vision glasses are one of the best night driving glasses that you’ve always needed. The comfort and durability that they offer give them a plus. They can be worn anywhere and at any time for your outdoor activities without leaving headaches behind.
They are super light making them effortlessly wearable. The spring-loaded hinges provide impact-resistant stability and extra comfort. The metal frames make the glasses durable. The shatterproof lenses are resistant to the inevitable drops and bumps.
They have yellow-tinted lenses that filter out harmful blue light from your surroundings, no matter the source. The semi-rimless frames enhance your view by providing you with a larger field of view.
If you want to own the road all night long, in comfortable glasses that reduce glare, then you should try these glasses out.
- They offer uv400 Ultra glare.
- They set your night sight to yellow and have an antiglare HD vision.
- They have designer semi-rimless frames for a wider field of sight.
- Their design offers effortless wear; leaves no headaches behind.
- They have ultra-thin semi-light semi-polarized lenses, integrated nose pads, and a rubberized support system.
- They come with a night sight HD glasses accessory set and sunglass cleaning kit, EVA eyeglasses hard case, screwdriver, sunglasses pouch, microfiber cleaning cloth, and a glasses clip.
4. Duduma Polarised Sports Men’s Sunglasses
These glasses are the real deal when it comes to polarized sports sunglasses for golf, cricket, and all outdoor sports activities. The glasses give you an alluring and fashionable look. The night vision lens helps improve color clarity thus making driving at night safer and more comfortable.
These glasses are not limited to one gender; both men and women can wear them. Their polarized black lens helps restore true color and filter out 99% of reflective and scattered glare. Their soft nose pad and earpieces made of rubber offer all-day comfort.
The 596(Yellow Night) frame is super light that you can hardly feel it on. The lightness is due to the combination of innovative, exclusive materials and advanced design technology.
They have durable frames made of a flexible composite material which makes them bendable and will get back to their original shape even after being bent. With a lifetime breakage warranty on the lens and frame, you get the assurance that the glasses are of fantastic quality. They also have a money-back guarantee of 30 days.
Enjoy your night runs, and bike rides looking like a million dollars with the super-efficient Duduma Tr650 night driving glasses.
- Product dimension-Lens height:43mm (1.69 inches); Lens width: 65 mm(2.56 inches); Leg length:135 mm(5.31 inches);nose bridge:12-30 mm(0.47-1.18 inches); frame length: 140 mm(5.51 inches)
- They have a lifetime breakage warranty and a thirty-day money-back guarantee.
- They offer night vision, have an adjustable nose pad, and are super light, stylish, durable, clear, and comfortable.
- They have a specially designed lightweight frame for optimum fit and grip during your outdoor activities.
- They have a TAC polarized lens with a 100% UV400 protection coating that helps block harmful UVB and UVA rays.
5. Duco Yellow Night-vision Glasses
Even the most professional drivers can attest to it that you need a pair of nighttime driving anti-reflective glasses. When bright light from vehicle headlights hits your naked eyes, you may not see clearly and might lose track. That’s where night driving glasses come in handy.
A pair of the Duco Yellow Night vision glasses will offer a sharper and clearer vision even on the darkest nights. It is one of the best night driving glasses due to its excellent quality and efficient lenses.
The lens offers UV protection and is polarized. The yellow lens helps reduce glare, enhance contrast and increase visual clarity when you drive through darkness and fog. The frame made of an aluminum-magnesium alloy is stronger than a standard metal frame but way lighter than the latter.
The TAC polarized lens offers 100% UV protection and both impact and scratch resistance. It has flexible arms to fit various faces.
Do not be hesitant to try it out; it will give value to your money.
- It has a TAC lens that offers UV400 protection.
- The lens is polarized.
- The frame material used is Aluminium-magnesium alloy.
- The lens width:72 mm(2.83 inches), Lens height: 38 mm(1.5 inches), bridge width:15 mm(0.59 inches), arm length:145 mm(5.71 inches).
- The glasses have a night vision yellow lens, ultra-pure lens, and anti-glare coatings.
- It comes with a glasses case, a glasses cloth, and a glasses bag.
6. Soxick Night Polarized Glasses for Men and Women
If you love being trendy, at an affordable price, without having to give up on performance, then this is ideal for you. The soxick night driving glasses made for night time driving are a breeze. If these glasses’ sense of style will not fascinate you, then their features will.
Its polarised lenses not only eliminate glare but it also reduces eye fatigue. The lenses have an anti-reflective coating. They give full UV400 protection. The glasses are lightweight. The aluminium magnesium alloy which made the frame is adjustable and fits many face sizes and shapes. They are designed to give you long-lasting fog-free vision.
The best part about this product is that not only does it give a 30-day return policy but a 180 days warranty to every user to give room to those who are not convinced to try it out. With this pair of glasses you will get crystal-clear vision throughout your ride and at the same time look fashionable. Besides, they will last longer. They come in four different colors that you can pick whichever suits you.
You no longer have to feel uneasy driving in the night or fog, these glasses got you covered. It has all the right features that the best night driving glasses need and this makes it quite a buy.
- High-quality polarized lenses.
- The frame material used is aluminium magnesium alloy.
- It offers complete UV400 protection against sun rays.
- They have adjustable frames.
- They have a 30-day return and 180 days warranty for every user.
7. Soxick Vision Glasses for Rain Day Driving
Avoid getting blinded by the bright lights while driving at night with these high-rated night driving glasses. Your eyes do not have to squint for you to drive, cycle or run in the dark.
These glasses feature one of the most durable and lightweight frames made aluminium magnesium alloy. Their flexible arms enable them to fit every face shape and size without having to break. They are super-light, making them even more comfortable to wear.
They are safe for the eyes and do not lead to eye fatigue making them one of the best night driving glasses.
Their polarized lenses reduce the glare from all the bright lights that come along with night driving. The pale yellow lenses enhance contrast in low light conditions making colors appear bright, and objects appear clear.
They are the best for night driving, cloudy, foggy, rainy days driving, and outdoor sportswear. They are stylish and sit firmly on your face making them perfect for high-intensity outdoor activities. In case your purchase did not satisfy you, you are allowed to return it within 30 days.
As the darker evenings come in, ensure that your safety is in check with these risk-reducing soxick glasses. You will be thrilled at how much they will reduce the effect of light glares and give you a drastic improvement in your visibility.
- It has polarized lenses.
- The lens width is 2.52 inches.
- It has a 30-day return guarantee.
- Fashionably designed glasses.
- They are lightweight.
- They have an amber (yellow) lens with an Anti-reflective coating.
- Have an aluminium magnesium frame with flexible arms.
8. Soxick Polarized Night Driving Glasses
Just like other top-rated soxick night glasses, this one comes detailed with perfect features for an incredible night driving experience. The fashionable and classy glasses make you look glam as you drive or undertake your outdoor activities because it has excellent soldierlike qualities.
Their aluminium magnesium frame is durable and is built to last. The light-weight, elastic arm ensures that they are comfortable making it possible to wear it for as long as you want. The frames are skin-friendly and do not react with your skin in any way.
Their 100% UV400 eye protection lenses effectively filter and block any glare that comes your way. Honestly, these glasses are a steal; their lens color resolution can reach 99.6% hence giving you the perfect object detection and identification.
The high definition lens enables you to have a clearer vision. The lenses are not only durable but are shatterproof making them resist breakage. Their 30-day money-back guarantees you top-notch satisfaction, and it wouldn’t hurt to try them out.
Grab the chance of owning one of the best night driving glasses that will help reduce the glare and increase the contrast to objects at night. Furthermore, they will last you long thanks to their high quality.
- Their lenses are anti-reflective, HD polarized, anti-strong light, anti-glare, SO118 International Anti-light Standard.
- Have an aluminum-magnesium frame.
- The product dimensions are lens height: 37mm; lens width: 64 mm; temple arm length: 123 mm; bridge width: 12mm; frame length: 146 mm.
- Have a lightweight elastic arm.
- They come with a free carrying case and a microfiber cleaning cloth.
- Fashionably designed glasses.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
9. Soxick HD Polarized Anti-Glare Safety Glasses for Night Driving and outdoor activities
You do not have to hate driving or having your outdoor activities at night because of the vision problems that come with it. These soxick HD polarized safety glasses will give you a reason not to leave home without them if you are planning to run, ski or drive in the dark. Their great features make them excellent prescription night driving glasses.
These unisex glasses have polarized lenses that can filter any glaring light from any source. The yellow filter relieves eye strain by softening harsh light allowing you to drive comfortably. It also helps enhance contrast in areas with low light hence making the road appear brighter.
The yellow lens makes these glasses perfect for running, night driving, cycling, and many more outdoor activities. The aluminum-magnesium frame makes it lightweight and durable. It offers a high color resolution that reaches 99.6%. It weakens the dazzling harmful ray of car lights.
They have a 45-day return policy and a 180-day warranty guarantee for every user. The warranty gives you even more confidence and trust in buying this brand.
With this pair of glasses, you will never feel regretful because you will have made a great choice. It is a pair of night vision glasses that you can rely on if you want to have your outdoor activities in the dark.
- They have a resin frame.
- Their lens is anti-reflective.
- The lens is polarized and has a yellow filter.
- German military quality guarantee with a 45-day return policy and 180-day warranty guarantee.
- The lens width is 70 millimeters.
- The HD driving glasses have an aluminum-magnesium frame.
10. Soxick Night Driving Glasses Anti-Glare HD Clarity Polarized Lenses
Finally, we have these soxick night driving glasses; this pair is popular and much worth just like the other night glasses we just reviewed. The best part about it is that it has a special filter that helps reduce strain which can cause head pains or migraines so that you can concentrate and focus.
The anti-reflective lenses dim oncoming car headlights and sharp reflections. The polarized lenses reduce the glare for a more clear vision while driving your vehicle. The lenses block 100% of UVB and UVA light to keep your eyes safer and healthier.
The Soxick driving glasses for both men and women come in four unique, wraparound eyeglass frame styles and colors to offer you a more extensive selection.
Their versatility makes them one of the most common glasses since you can use them both indoors and outdoors for various daily activities, i.e., gaming, running, reading, driving among others.
The thought of driving at night should no longer send chills to your spine. The fatigue and unclear vision will be long gone. You can embark on your outdoor activities at night without any mishaps as well.
With these glasses, your night fishing, riding, and skiing will be a walk in the park, and your night driving trips will not only be fantastic but safe too.
- They have anti-reflective lenses.
- They reduce eye fatigue.
- Fitted with HD clarity polarized lenses.
- Their frames are heavy-duty.
- The lenses have an anti-reflective coating.
- They protect against UVA and UVB.
- They are unisex and have four unique frame styles that are modern and unique.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Night Driving Glasses
Q-1: Do night driving glasses work?
- Yes. Night driving glasses help improve your driving experience at night.
Q-2: How do night driving glasses work?
- Well, night driving glasses come equipped with a tinted yellowish hue that protects your eyes from the excessive light that may blind you while driving at night. The yellow-tinted hue traps direct/horizontal light from reaching your eyes, and only allows vertical light to enter your eyes.
Q-3: Are night driving glasses safe?
- Yes. Night driving glasses reduce the glare coming from headlights as oncoming vehicles approach you. Without night driving glasses, the effect of bright light hitting your eyes might temporarily blind you causing you to lose control over your car.
Q-4: Are night vision glasses the same as night driving glasses?
- No. Night vision glasses and night driving glasses couldn’t be more different. Night vision glasses use infrared technology to enhance visibility in low light settings while night driving glasses use polarized lenses to do the same. The difference is that infrared technology maps an area using heating signals while polarized lenses are designed to block glaring light.
- These two types of glasses are designed to be used differently. If you shine a light directly on infrared night vision glasses, you might go blind as they are designed to take in as much light as possible. While they are suitable for military use, they are terrible for driving at night.
Q-5: What are some of the best night driving glasses?
- There are many types of night driving glasses, and all have their appeal to different customers. However, I would easily recommend the Eagle Eyes one of my favorite night driving glasses. When it comes to night driving glasses at Walmart, the Night Sight Polarized HD Night Glasses from the As Seen On Tv brand are a favorite among customers.
Q-6: Does the type of polarized lens matter?
- Yes. There are three distinct types of polarized lenses. The cheapest and most common is a standard lens with a glued on the piece of polarized film. Objects appear distorted with this kind of lens.
- Factory-built polarized lenses and naturally-occurring lenses such as the SR-91 Tivex are the other types of polarized lenses available. Oakley night driving glasses use these two types of polarized lenses in their glasses for their high-clarity levels, lightweight nature, fade-resistant properties, and durability.
Ultimately, the main reason to purchase night driving glasses is to see them better when cruising down the road at night. With this guide, you are well-equipped to differentiate between good night glasses from bad ones, and ultimately decide the best night driving glasses for your eyes.
Different night glasses come equipped with various features, but all their extra features amount to less than nothing if the lenses have poor glare reduction. Based on our professional opinion, we highly recommend the Eagle Eyes glasses as our top pick night driving glasses for their excellent glare reduction properties in low-light settings.