Last Updated on
If finding the best motorcycle jack is the critical deliberation in your next purchase, this article is a must-read. Check out the buying guide, our top 10 choices, types of dirt bike lifts, and of course, how to use them.
A motorcycle isn’t something that you can check in to a garage for servicing, maintenance, repair, or washing. Biking has been a common culture with a growing market. At least, it’s among the few industries that give bikers the versatility of being professional DIYers with full responsibility of maintaining their bikes.
If you prefer taking care of your motorbike, replacing tires, changing fluids, or doing some easy fixes on your own, you certainly need a motorcycle jack. However, owning this product is not all about walking into a store and adding a random bike lift into your cart.
Best Motorcycle Jack: At A Glance
|1. Alltrade Powerbuilt 620422E Triple Lift Jack|
|2. PowerZone 380047 1700lb Hydraulic Jack|
|3. OTC 1545 Motorcycle Lift|
|4. Extreme Max 5001.5044 Scissor Jack|
|5. Black Widow MC-Jack Steel Motorcycle Jack|
|6. Extreme Max 5001.5047 1100 lb Jack|
|7. Goplus 300lb Motorcycle Hydraulic Jack Lift|
|8. LiftMaster 1100 lb Scissor Lift Jack|
|9. Venom Sport Bike Motorcycle Lift|
|10. STKUSA 1100lbs Motorcycle Scissor Jack Lift|
Unless you’re affluent enough to keep replacing your dirt bike, you should look around for a reliable motorcycle jack. You surely do not want to pay for something that would collapse on your first trial, scratch your bike, or lose grip of your motorbike.
Let’s plunge into the best motorcycle jack reviews for your dirt bike;
- Top 10 Best Motorcycle Jack Reviews:
- 1. Alltrade Powerbuilt 620422E Heavy Duty 4000lb Triple Lift Jack
- 2. PowerZone 380047 1700lb Hydraulic Motorcycle/ATV Jack
- 3. OTC 1545 Motorcycle Lift
- 4. Extreme Max 5001.5044 Wide Motorcycle Scissor Jack
- 5. Black Widow MC-Jack Steel Motorcycle Jack
- 6. Extreme Max 5001.5047 1100 lb. Motorcycle Scissors Jack
- 7. Goplus 300lb Motorcycle Lift Table Hydraulic Cycle Dirt Bike ATV Scissor Jack Lift
- 8. LiftMaster 1100 lb Wide Deck Motorcycle Center Scissor Lift Jack
- 9. Venom Sport Bike Motorcycle Fork & Rear Paddle Combo Wheel Lift
- 10. STKUSA 1100lbs Motorcycle Lift Scissor Center Jack Lift
- Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Selecting A Motorcycle Jack
- Types of Motorcycle Jack
- Hydraulic Jack vs. Scissor Jack
- How To Use Motorcycle Jack
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) About Motorcycle Jack:
Top 10 Best Motorcycle Jack Reviews:
1. Alltrade Powerbuilt 620422E Heavy Duty 4000lb Triple Lift Jack
With a lifting capacity of up to 4000 pounds, the Powerbuilt 620422E is sure to lift even the heaviest bikes. It is the best deal for those looking for a compact but sturdy motorcycle jack without breaking the bank. This product is strong enough to hold your vehicle, dirt bike, ATV, or a truck.
If you want to do away with the hassles of multiple jacks, Powerbuilt 620422E will sort you out. This unijack doubles as a bottle jack and a jack stand. It accommodates vehicles whose lift points are as low as 8-5/8 inches. The maximum lifting height is 18-3/8 inches.
Not only will the Powerbuilt 620422E motorcycle jack lift your bike or car but it also functions to replace and remove vehicle transmissions.
What makes this product to stand out is the triple lift design. It includes padded lift rails and a removable lift saddle, which allow the tool to fit in different models of vehicle frames. Once you’ve raised your vehicle, there’s a convenient locking safety bar for holding the jack in place. This feature eliminates the need for purchasing a separate jack stand.
- Lifting range of between 8-5/8” and 18-5/8”
- Combines the power of a bottle jack and a jack stand in a single unit
- A broad and flat base for enhancing stability especially on soft surfaces
- 4000lbs lifting capacity, which is equivalent to 2-tons
- The jack lifts both the unibody and the body-on-frame vehicles
- Padded lift rails and a removable lift saddle
- A locking safety bar for holding the jack in place
2. PowerZone 380047 1700lb Hydraulic Motorcycle/ATV Jack
PowerZone 380047 holds a maximum capacity of 1700 pounds. It can lift both ATVs and motorcycles from as low as 4-1/2 inches to 14-1/2 inches. At least, this workspace is enough in case you need to fix a few things under your bike. The low retractable height allows for easy storage since it takes up little space.
This hydraulic bike jack features a foot-activated pump. Therefore, your hands will only be engaged in setting up, stabilizing, and positioning your bike on the lift. Additionally, this hands-free aspect reduces strain during pumping.
The PowerZone 380047 has been designed to last longer than the lifespan of your bike. Its frame is purely made of heavy-duty steel for durability. The material is resistant to corrosion and can withstand possible wear and tear.
The features that we fell in love with include a removable T-Handle for providing a secure grip and a safety lock with multiple adjustment positions. You should not worry about the lift leaving scratches and some ugly markings on your bike as it’s common with most jacks. The engineers behind this tool incorporated rubber pads for gripping the saddle to ensure it is in place.
- Lifting range of between 4½ inches to 14½ inches
- Foot-activated hydraulic pump for hands-free motorcycle lifting
- A removable T-handle for a secure grip
- A heavy-duty, sturdy steel construction
- A safety lock for locking the motorcycle in place
- Rubber grip saddle pads protect the motorcycle frames against scratches and slipping
- It is retractable at 4.5.”
3. OTC 1545 Motorcycle Lift
When it comes to excellent stability, OTC 1545 takes the crown as the best motorcycle jack. Unlike other models, which are likely to swing or move around as you go about your repairs, this motorcycle jack will remain firm to the end.
Another notable feature is the wheel. There’s no need to strain when you can maneuver it to whichever place you like. About the clearance, this product goes as low as 3½ inches. Its maximum lifting range is 16¾ inches.
The frame of OTC 1545 is made of aluminum. Despite being lighter than their competing steel counterparts, the jack will lift, support, and hold up to 1500lbs of weight. The saddling platform is long and wide enough to accommodate both large and wide vehicles.
There are several reasons as to why you should bank on the OTC 1545 motorcycle lift. The tool will balance the weight of your bike without the risk of toppling over. When your load is raised on the motorcycle jack, the automatic safety lock will hold it in place. Besides, you can secure it in place with the included ratcheting tie-down straps and the rear locking casters.
- A wide lift saddle platform guarantees an even weight distribution
- Wheels for maneuverability
- Ratcheting straps and locking rear casters for securing your dirt bike in place
- A removable handle for providing 360° access to the bike
- An automatic lock system
- A foot pedal release system for lifting the ATV or motorcycle
- It supports a maximum weight capacity of 1500 pounds
- OTC 1545is collapsible to 3½ inches for ease of storage
4. Extreme Max 5001.5044 Wide Motorcycle Scissor Jack
A motorcycle jack is defined by its strength, stability, and how reliable it is when it comes to lifting your cruiser. This feature is precisely what Extreme Max 5000.5044 offers you. It is undoubtedly the best motorcycle scissor jack in our top 10 list.
Supporting a total weight of 1100 lbs, 5000.5044 lift is big enough for most dirt bikes, sports bikes, street bikes, and ATVs. Its broad platform measures 15-1/8 inches by 9″. The surface features a rubber padding, which will prevent not only metal-to-metal scratches but also enhance the grip for maximum stability with zero slippage.
Setting up the Extreme Max 5000.5044 is a breeze such that you don’t need any professional experience. It requires manual operation using a 7/8 inch wrench, which you will have to purchase separately. However, this is only applicable for center lifting. The jack will extend as high as 14” while the collapsible height goes down to 3-3/8 inches.
Extreme Max is a perfect tool for use in your garage shop for commercial purposes or as a personal DIY home jack. It can lift most bikes and ATVs, but it’s not strong enough for trucks.
- A rubber padding on the broad platform to minimize metal scrapings
- Sturdy steel construction that’s durable enough to withstand wear and tear from regular use
- Maximum weight capacity of 1100 pounds
- A lifting range of between 3-3/8 inches and 14.”
- Center lifting capabilities
5. Black Widow MC-Jack Steel Motorcycle Jack
If you want a perfect motorcycle jack, without shaking your bank balance, here’s a free take away. Going for less than 100 bucks, Black Widow MC-Jack will lift both the rear and front tires of your bike in case you need to service it.
Although the jack is fully-extendable to 16¼ inches, you can still stretch it out up to 3¾ inches long. The included removable adapters make it easy to adjust the jack’s height between 2″ and 3.25″. This lift will collapse down to 3¾ inches, leaving a generous amount of workspace for getting under your bike.
About the design, MC-jack is made of heavy-duty steel. This material has a black powder coating for preventing rusting and corrosions especially from the extreme conditions of a garage.
The brains behind this motorcycle jack ensured to incorporate a rubber padding on the lifting platform. The primary advantage of this feature is to contain the metal-to-metal friction, scrapings, and scratches. Besides, this rubber functions to create stability by preventing slippages.
Setting up the Black Widow’s MC-Jack is a piece of cake regardless of whether you’re a frequent DIYer or not. Set the jack beneath your motorcycle, fix the hex socket handle to the hex nut, twist it, and you’ll be good to go.
- Lifts a total of 1100 pounds of weight
- Durable steel construction with a corrosion-free powder coating
- A hex socket handle for manually raising and lowering the motorcycle jack
- The lifting range goes as high as 16.25″ and down to 3.75.”
- Removable adapters for extending the lifting range at an extra 2” and 3.25.”
- A rubber padding on the lifting surface
6. Extreme Max 5001.5047 1100 lb. Motorcycle Scissors Jack
Unlike its predecessor, which we’ve already reviewed, the Extreme Max 5001.5047 costs a few dollars less. The jack will lift any motorcycle, cruiser, or ATV. Even when you subject it under heavy load, the weight will not interfere with the shape of its sturdy steel frame. For the price, reliability, and strength, this jack stands to be the best motorcycle jack.
Being an upgraded version of the Extreme Max, the 5001.5047 lift has the greatest lifting height than the previous models. Though the range extends between 3-5/8 inches and 16.5 inches off the ground, you can still adjust it further up to 3.75”. This aspect is made possible by the two removable frame adapters located at the surface of the loading platform.
Extreme Max 5001.5047 is manually operated with the included handle. If you want to lift either the front or the rear end of your bike, you’ll only require a single jack. However, you’ll have to make a separate purchase of two jacks for lifting the entire bike.
To gain stability during the bike lifting, 5001.5047 comes with double welded side brackets at the lower end. These features ensure proper weight management and distribution. If you want a permanent installation, the brackets are pre-drilled to make the mounting process a breeze.
- A sturdy steel frame for durability
- A maximum lifting weight capacity of 1100 pounds
- The top platform measures 17.75″ by 6.”
- Removable frame adapters for adjusting the lifting height with an extra 2″ to 3.25.”
- Welded base brackets for weight management, stability, and optional permanent mounting
7. Goplus 300lb Motorcycle Lift Table Hydraulic Cycle Dirt Bike ATV Scissor Jack Lift
This motorcycle jack is ideal for small ATVs, light dirt bikes, and small motorcycles weighing less than 300 pounds. It will stretch with a maximum height of 38” and collapse at 15”. Most motorcycle jacks will force you to crouch and strain your knees, but this model allows you to operate your bike comfortably while on your feet.
Once you’ve set up the Goplus 300lb and mounted your dirt bike, you can engage the locking bar to secure the load in position. The action prevents the cruiser from toppling over or accidentally dropping down, especially when you unintentionally release the foot pedal.
The lifting platform is wide enough to accommodate your small bike or an ATV with a large belly. Precisely, it is 18” by 14”. The surface is covered with rubber paddings for maintaining stability, preventing skidding, and metal-to-metal scratches.
- Rubber pads on the lifting surface for preventing scratches
- Sturdy construction with a red powder coat finish, which makes the frame resistant to corrosion
- The lifting table measures 14” by 18.”
- A maximum lifting capacity of 300 pounds
- Locking bars for securing the load in place
- Manual operation with a convenient foot pedal for raising and lowering the bike
8. LiftMaster 1100 lb Wide Deck Motorcycle Center Scissor Lift Jack
The Liftmaster jack is among the best motorcycle scissor jacks under $100. You can use it in your commercial shop, at your garage, or the tracks. With a weight capacity of up to 1100 pounds, the lift will indeed hold most motorcycles and ATVs.
Although it has a solid steel construction, the heavy-duty design has not interfered with its weight. Besides being made of a durable material, the LiftMaster has a black and blue powder coating for preventing corrosion and rust.
The lifting platform measures 16” by 10”. For a standard motorcycle jack, a 10″ deck is more than enough. After all, most bike bellies lie within this range.
When it comes to the lifting range, LiftMaster motorcycle jack will extend up to 13.25″ off the ground. The minimum height, which doubles as a storage size is 3.25”. With these values, you can choose to stoop, kneel, or even crouch without hurting your knees.
If you are looking for a motorcycle jack with a stress-free installation procedure, try out the LiftMaster. Changing the oil, replacing tires, doing some minor repairs, or installing the rear springs is right at your fingertips. Just as the manufacturer puts it, the lift operates with a simple crank.
- A maximum weight lifting capacity of up to 1100 pounds
- A 16” x 10” lifting deck for accommodating most motorcycle sizes and ATVs
- Steel construction for durability and resisting wear and tear
- A powder coat finish for warding off corrosion
- A maximum lifting height of 13.25.”
- A minimum lifting height of 3.25.”
- Center lifting capabilities
9. Venom Sport Bike Motorcycle Fork & Rear Paddle Combo Wheel Lift
The Venom motorcycle jack stand should be topping the list in this review. The fact that it’s budget-friendly, stable, and reliable enough to fit most all-terrain vehicles makes this lift worthy your penny.
A full package consists of a rear paddle and a front fork stand, both of which are made of heavy-duty steel. For stability and ease of maneuverability, the lifts have each been supplied with two pairs of wheels.
Among the motorcycle jack reviews we’ve enlisted herein, Venom is among the tools that anyone can assemble. For the rear wheel, the paddle attachments will do the lifting from the posterior swingarm without the need for spools. The exclusive leverage ratio will help you complete the set-up while balancing the load.
When setting up the front stand, you’ll position it beneath the front fork, push it down, and get your motorcycle up the deck.
Venom motorcycle lift is ideal when conducting maintenance, doing some repairs, or for storage purposes. It is fully adjustable to accommodate most dirt bikes and all-terrain vehicles.
A typical stand that lifts at the swingarm will cost you twice as much especially when you go for a pitbull motorcycle jack. If you want a mouth-watering deal, this model from Venom will do a great job.
- Quality-grade steel construction for strength and durability
- A set of a rear and front paddle stands
- Rubber-coated adapters on the front wheel fork stand for preventing possible metal scrapping or scratches
- Easy to assemble
- A leverage ratio for balancing the load
10. STKUSA 1100lbs Motorcycle Lift Scissor Center Jack Lift
This STKUSA, otherwise known as XtremepowerUS motorcycle jack, gives you a clearance of up to 12”. The lift will stretch as high as 15.75” and collapse at 3.75” for convenient storage. This lifting space is enough in case you need to get under your bike to fix a few things.
For stability, STKUSA has an extensive deck and a 3″ pre-drilled base wing on either side. This feature ensures there’s an efficient distribution of weight while supporting the load. If you prefer a permanent installation, you can drill the tool to a stable position.
Despite having a high lifting space, STKUSA allows you to adjust the height to gain an extra couple of inches. The extension is made possible by the dual removable adapters at the surface of the jack.
XtremepowerUS will fit most motorcycles, street bikes, sports bikes, and ATVs. It’s solid construction guarantees durability and exceptional strength to lift heavy loads. Therefore, you can use it in a shop or garage for conducting repairs, replacements, oil changing, and any other form of maintenance.
- Two screw adapters for height adjustments
- A lifting range extends from 3¾ inches to 15¾ inches without the included adapters
- Side wings at the base of the jack for permanent installation and maximum stability
- Holds a weight capacity of up to 1100 pounds
- A sturdy steel construction
- A removable handle for raising or lowering your bike
Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Selecting A Motorcycle Jack
Shopping for a motorcycle jack is more than just walking in a store, adding a random product in your cart and expecting to fall for the best. You’ll need to consider several factors because a single aspect is not enough to conclude the reliability of a lifting table.
Here is a comprehensive buying guide on what to consider when hunting for the best motorcycle jack.
The Lifting Capacity
You know the weight of your dirt bike, right?
When looking for the best j&s motorcycle jack, make sure to get one that will endure the load. The least value you can find in the market is about 300 pounds while other models would hold up to 5000lbs.
Overloading the lift will compromise with the safety of both the motorbike and the jack. Slight negligence will see your bike rolling to the ground, and if you’re lucky enough, the stand will only bend out of shape. Unless you’re rich enough to keep replacing your cruiser, stick to these guidelines.
Ease of Operation
You are probably buying a motorcycle jack because you want it for personal use. Even if you’re a do-it-yourself kind-of-person, you need something that’s straightforward. A complicated set-up will stress you out and increase the risk of injuries or damage.
A few things to note are; the mode of cranking, attachments included, and whether the tool comes pre-assembled. Foot-activated pedal system is less strenuous as the hands will be involved in balancing the load. Also, a product that requires you to purchase separate accessories will further complicate the mounting process.
Unless the dirt bike lift is the only equipment in your garage, you should consider something compact and versatile. The best motorcycle jack ought to collapse at less than 4”. The handle should also be removable so that you don’t have a protruding tool that might as well break your car windows.
There are two common metals used in the construction of jack stands. Hardened steel is popular due to its strength, durability, and reliability. However, some models are made of lightweight aluminum metal, which is more resistant to corrosion. If your bike is large and heavy, a steel frame will do.
Additionally, finding a product with a powder-coat finish is advantageous especially when preventing corrosion, rust, or scratches.
The Loading Platform
This aspect may not be significant to those who own small motorcycles with narrow bellies. However, if yours has a large belly, go for a wide deck whose dimensions complement with that of your bike.
One more important thing to consider is the surface of the lifting platform. The incorporation of rubber paddings will reduce the risk of scrapings, scratches, and slippages.
Mishandling a motorcycle jack will not only damage your bike but may also incur injuries on your body.
Make sure to understand the safety requirements before using any tool. As you set up the lift, ensure that it is stable on the ground. Some models have welded side brackets at the base for enhanced stability.
Other important features to look for in a motorcycle jack include ratcheting tie-down straps and locking bars for holding the load in place. You never know, the 600lb motorbike might even fall on you when it loses its balance. Take caution!
People would tell you to go for what you can afford. Well, that’s true, but you should also consider the quality and whether the equipment will meet all your needs. Another important thing is to check out for the warranty duration.
Contrary to the above sentiments, you can still find excellent motorcycle jacks going for less than $100. Our review has covered most of them. If you put this guide into consideration and understand your needs, you’ll undoubtedly fall for the best.
Types of Motorcycle Jack
There are only two types of motorcycle jacks. A floor jack operates by use of a hydraulic pump, which aids in raising the bike off the ground.
Such models are common in commercial set-ups since they can lift large motorbikes, ATVs, or choppers. For example, a typical hydraulic pump can raise a load weighing up to 2000 pounds or more.
The craftsman motorcycle jack, Powerzone models, and Goplus are among the brands that embrace the hydraulic technology.
Unlike the floor jacks, these devices are least expensive. They are quite easy to use, hence, common among motorcycle owners. Scissor jacks depend on compressed air for lifting or lowering motorcycles.
Let’s talk about the design. Just as the name suggests, a scissor jack features two diagonal metals, which are joined at the center with a screw and hinges.
To operate the system, you’ll need a spanner for turning the screw. When the two frames come together, your motorcycle will raise. The reverse is true in case you need to lower the load. Just turn the screw to the opposite direction, and you’ll be good to go.
Hydraulic Jack vs. Scissor Jack
|Design||Solid and sturdy||Compact and lightweight|
|Reliability||Quite stable||Not so reliable for handling large bikes|
|Safety||You’ll require additional attachments to lock the load in place||Self-locking mechanism until an external force is applied|
|Mode of operation||When force is applied, it is transferred from the small cylinder to a bigger one, through the hydraulic fluid. The resultant effect is so tremendous to lift a heavy load.
The lift lowers if the hydraulic force ceases.
|Turn the screw to bring the two frames together or apart for raising or lowering the load, respectively.|
How To Use Motorcycle Jack
- Assemble the parts
In case your motorcycle jack didn’t come pre-assembled, you’ll require to set it up with the help of a wrench. Confirm from the manual the necessary tools and their sizes.
- Position your bike
Work on a flat surface so that the motorcycle is steady on the ground. Note its center of gravity, usually located somewhere around the engine.
If the clearance of your bike is inadequate to accommodate the jack, you can use blocks of wood and place at the front and rear wheels. Another lumber should lie on the side stand to elevate and balance the height.
- Slide in the stand
Supposing that the engine is the center of gravity, push in the jack from the opposite side of the side stand.
- Secure the bike in place
If your motorcycle jack has tie-down straps or locking bars, you should make use of them. Also, lock the wheels before doing anything else.
Once everything is set, press the lift pedal and raise the motorbike. Do not elevate it beyond the recommended height.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) About Motorcycle Jack:
Q-1: How do I maintain a motorcycle jack?
- A typical motorcycle jack stand requires frequent lubrication, cleaning, and replacement of specific components. For instance, you ought to oil the wheels to make them rotate freely and easily. If they wear out, you should also do quick replacements.
- Another way of taking care of the lift is through lubrication of the components. A hydraulic jack requires special maintenance since the Pistons play a significant role in balancing the load.
Q-2: Why buy a motorcycle jack when I am not a mechanic?
- Investing in one will save both time and money. It might be irrelevant to those who prefer taking it to a professional for maintenance but remember it can act as storage. With time, you’ll understand your bike and learn how to fix the minor issues by yourself.
Q-3: Hydraulics vs scissors jacks. Which motorcycle jack stand should I go for?
- To some extent, the choice will narrow down to a personal level. If you’re on a tight budget, scissor jacks will save the day since they are least expensive. However, hydraulic lifts are sturdy and would hold heavyweights. Therefore, they are ideal for an industrial setting.
- Those who will want to lift large motorcycles, ATVs, utility vehicles, and other all-terrain-vehicles should opt for hydraulics.
Q-4: Are motorcycle jacks universal for every motorbike?
- Most of them are universal and would fit both bikes and ATVs. Some would even lift small vehicles like SUVs and sedans. However, you can confirm with the manufacturer to ascertain what the jack will be compatible with.
A motorcycle jack comes in handy when you have to conduct maintenance on your bike, fix a puncture, change oil, or replace a tire. Although you can seek help from a professional, doing it yourself can save you both time and money. Any bike enthusiast should have one already.
The only fuss about owning a stand is whether it will meet all your needs or end up being useless scrap metal. For this reason, we’ve helped you narrow down the options to accommodate only the best motorcycle jacks on these flooded market.