Last Updated on
You never know when a car cover can come in handy. Bad weather can come out of nowhere, and when that happens, it is imperative that you are ready to roll with the punches. The best car covers can protect from hail, rain, dust, and even penetrating rays from the sun. When a vehicle is left outside, it is up to the mercy of imminent climate variations.
Since a car is such a precious item in this day and age, buying a much cheaper car cover can really go a long way in protecting your important purchase for years to come. However, the fact of the matter is that most people do not have this item on their list for purchase.
Top 10 Best Car Covers: At A Glance
|1. Patented HAIL PROTECTOR Car Cover System|
|2. Leader Accessories Mid Grade Car Cover|
|3. OxGord Executive Strom-Proof Car Cover|
|4. KAKIT 5 Layers Jeep Cover for Jeep Wrangler|
|5. Kayme Waterproof All Weather Car Covers|
|6. Budge UB-1 Grey|
|7. Classic Accessories OverDrivePoly Car Cover|
|8. XCAR Car Cover|
|9. Audew Car Cover|
|10. Motor Trend 4-Layer 4-Season|
After reading this information below, you will understand the importance of a car cover. Additionally, you will have a general idea of what cover will be best for you and your precision vehicle.
- 10 Best Car Covers Review:
- 1. Patented HAIL PROTECTOR Car Cover System
- 2. Leader Accessories Mid Grade Car Cover
- 3. OxGord Executive Strom-Proof Car Cover
- 4. KAKIT 5 Layers Jeep Cover for Jeep Wrangler
- 5. Kayme Four Layers Waterproof All Weather Car Covers with Cotton Zipper
- 6. Budge UB-1 Grey
- 7. Classic Accessories OverDrivePolyPro 1 Full Size Sedan Car Cover
- 8. XCAR Car Cover
- 9. Audew Car Cover
- 10. Motor Trend 4-Layer 4-Season
- Buyer’s Guide: Things To Consider When Buying A Car Cover
- Types of Car Covers
- Benefits of Using a Car Cover
- How to Install a Car Cover Properly
- How to Clean Car Covers Properly
- FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Car Covers
10 Best Car Covers Review:
1. Patented HAIL PROTECTOR Car Cover System
This first option, from HAIL PROTECTOR, is a great choice for sedans, hatchbacks, and wagons from Mother Nature. With sizing selections, vehicles are fully protected up to 175 inches. Currently, HAIL PROTECTOR ensures that thousands of vehicles are protected year after year. Even major television channels, like The History Channel, The Weather Channel, and Discovery Channel have all endorsed this product to be amazing.
No matter where you park your vehicle, whether at work, home, or when you are out and about, this product is mobile enough to take anywhere with you. Specifically, it is dedicated to being breathable, as well as heat, ultraviolet (UV), and water-resistant. At less than 30 pounds, this product is easy to maneuver and place over any type of vehicle. Wind tested at over 60 miles per hour (MPH), this car cover handles with the best of them.
With totally assemble time only taking 20 minutes, for set-up and teardown, you will have peace of mind when you need to protect your car. This product includes a remote control, a complete accessory bag, and 3 power sources included in your car cover system. This truly is one of the best types of car covers on the market today.
- 1-year labor and parts warranty
- Can deflate as a traditional cover
- YouTube videos to help with installation
- Range of the remote control is 100 feet
- Tech support fixes any issue in minutes
2. Leader Accessories Mid Grade Car Cover
One of the best outdoor car possibilities comes in the form of this next product. This car cover, from Leader Accessories, comes in sizes ranging from 157 to 264 inches. The material repels moisture and mildew, by keeping your car dry and untouched. From its breathable make-up, this mid-grade cover is also biodegradable and looks to help fix the environment, rather than hinder it.
Being an untouchable car cover is no lie with this brand. It is 100% dustproof and windproof. As the best indoor cover, too, this model protects against bird droppings, tree sap, industrial pollutants, and unfortunate UV rays.
For a quality fit, elastic creates for a snug fit. A storage bag is included with each and every purchase. Less than 3 pounds, this car cover is easy to use, and even easier to put away when you are done with its services. In particular, this car cover fits models of Acura, Audi, BMW, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Pontiac, Lincoln, Mercury, and many others.
With a long line of customers who have tried this product, there is a great understanding of how this car cover works and why it has literally saved people’s cars during the worst of weather. Many are amazed as to what this cover can do.
- Strong sealed plastic
- Replacement warranty
- 100% Water Resistant
- Cover the vehicle down to the wheels
- Inexpensive cost
3. OxGord Executive Strom-Proof Car Cover
Car cover reviews across the Internet have this next choice from OxGord. It is a 100% waterproof model that has 7 layers of protection. Five of the layers are made of spun-bond polypropylene, one is made of soft fleece, and the last layer is a microporous film. The soft fleece section is made up of cotton primarily, which protects your vehicle against unwanted scratches on the paint. These materials working in unison create a potent cover. With a glove type fit, this car cover fits over cars that are 200 inches long.
When you purchase this product, an antenna patch and storage bag comes standard. The cover only weighs 9 pounds, so it is easy to haul around when you need it most. Protection against wet elements is its specialty. Some buyers are worried about if this car cover will stick to the car when rain or snow occurs. This does not happen because of the nylon-cotton at the bottom of the car cover resting on your vehicle.
- Seams that are reinforced and vulcanized keeping water out
- Hems and draw elastic strings around the front and rear of the cover
- Security grommets tie-down for add theft protection
- Heavy enough to stay grounded during a big wind storm
- Easy to fold up when done with its services
- An amazing quality cover should cost much more but does not
4. KAKIT 5 Layers Jeep Cover for Jeep Wrangler
For those of you looking for custom car cover reviews, this next one is for you, especially if you own a Jeep Wrangler. It does not matter if you have a 2 door or 4 doors; this cover works just the same. Additionally, this cover can fit over Jeep Wrangler models from 1987 to 2017. As a five-layer fabric, there are 3 nonwoven layers, 1 water-resistant layer, and a soft fleece lining that lays on the surface of a vehicle. The seams for this car cover are double stitched to help beat corrosion, rot, and/or mildew.
With every purchase, you can expect the car cover, a storage bag, an anti-theft lock, antenna patch, buckle, and a user manual. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, there is a free 30-day cash back guarantee. Additionally, this car cover has a 3-year warranty if the product becomes faulty at any time.
When you are ready to use this product, it is easy to install because of the license plate rope that allows for one person to complete the process. This is a nice feature when you are stuck in a bind, and bad weather is on its way.
- The cover is long enough to cover the tires
- The product is shipped in a vacuum-sealed bag
- Underbelly straps give added support
- Well-constructed material for ultimate protection
- Wraps around bumpers and stays due to the elastic fittings
5. Kayme Four Layers Waterproof All Weather Car Covers with Cotton Zipper
It is not every day that you find a heat reflective car cover like this one from Kayme. Protecting from UV rays and rain, this car cover is perfect for the outdoors, but you can use it in a covered space as well.
Sedans and Wagons are preferred with this model, ranging from 182 to 193 inches long. The material is made using 4 layers of construction. Two layers are polyethylene, one layer is aluminum, and the last layer is made from cotton. The aluminum acts as a sun protector, while the cotton acts as a pillow up against the car’s paint job. With two layers of polyethylene, this acts as a great waterproof material.
A driver door zipper is a place accordingly, just in case you need to get into your vehicle with ease. They are also straps at the back and the front of the cover, so it will stay connected to your vehicle. Additionally, there is a reflective strip to warn people at night that your vehicle is nearby.
When choosing the best size for you and your vehicle, start by determining the style of your car. Next, measure the length of the car, and then match it with this brand’s car cover.
- Flawless in cold or warm weather
- The cover will not scratch the paint on the car
- The quality product works year after year
- Buckles connect right over the wheels to stabilize against the wind
- Lightweight material holds up under any condition
6. Budge UB-1 Grey
This model, from Budge, is one of the best car covers on the market today because of the length it can shield. It has to size that range from 13 to 22 feet long. Budge takes pride in using excellent material because they want their product to last for you for seasons to come. A polypropylene protectant covering is perfect when fighting off debris, liquids, falling items, paint, and so much more.
With the UB-1 Grey model, it is double stitched to create massive durability. Also, there are no materials from Budge that will scratch up your prized vehicle. When protecting your vehicle, mildew and/or mold will not be an issue for you. Improved air flow with this product was a must, and Budge delivered.
If there is concern over your cover being secure from theft, rest assured with this creation. Elastic hems hold versus windy conditions, as well added grommets to take on theft. Working on SUV models like Ford, Toyota, GMC, you will have an impeccable fit with your vehicle. At less than 4 pounds, this cover is lightweight, yet heavy-duty when you need it most.
- A 2-year warranty comes with every purchase
- Can be installed and removed in minutes
- Easy to clean when it gets dirty
- Fast shipping on this product in only a few days time
- Hooks immaculately under the bummer of any vehicle for a tight fit
7. Classic Accessories OverDrivePolyPro 1 Full Size Sedan Car Cover
As one of the best outdoor car cover choices, this model from Classic Accessories is a good one. Its soft fabric will not scratch your car. Even the grommets to tie down will not scratch either. Additionally, this version covers full-size sedans from 175 to 201 inches.
When installing your full-size sedan car cover, it is imperative that you use the antenna reinforcement patch. You will have to make a small incision in the cover to get the car’s antenna through. Next, place the reinforcement patch around the antenna to make sure that water will not creep through your covering.
Holding down the cover is easy with this car cover. Each corner of the cover has an elastic hem to keep the material down for good. If you are done using the cover for a time, you can easily put it back in the complimentary storage bag.
Many customers agree that this product is inexpensive to purchase, but maintains great with every changing season. With the sun, it can’t eat up the interior when the cover is on right, and when it rains, moistures stays off your ride.
- Expect a 2-year limited warranty
- Textbook for trucks, vans, cars, and SUVs
- Made for residential use
- The material can be thrown in the wash to look like new
- The cover comes in the color “biodiesel”
8. XCAR Car Cover
When creating a list of the best car cover, XCAR makes a great one that we all should take notice to. Ranging from 185 to 228 inches, this car cover is perfect for a sedan hatchback version of the car. It comes standard with double stitching, which allows for more protection and safety when covering your car. A free cable lock comes with the purchase to allow for even more defense than you had before.
If the sun is a concern for you, do not be afraid because this cover has you literally covered. The UV protection is elite, with this XCAR model, and it works both indoors and outdoors, too.
With every purchase, you can expect these things: antenna patches, anti-theft lock, a storage bag, and the cover. Also, a 1-year warranty is a part of your purchase, so you can have peace of mind knowing your car will be protected.
- 3-layers of full protection PolyPro
- Breathable UV resistance
- Scratch proofing for added belief in this product
- Sizing options fit appropriately
- Sensational for long-term storage
- Stays fresh and clean over time
9. Audew Car Cover
Many car cover brands would love to make a product like Audew, but they just can’t do it as well. Audew makes a full body cover that ranges from 177 to 212 inches in length. Made of heavy-duty cotton, this car cover can be used outside or for indoor uses.
With a waterproof design, your vehicle is covered against industrial pollutants, bird droppings, dust, UV rays, and so much more. Moreover, each cover is windproof by using buckles and straps to hold everything down. Even the heaviest winds will not blow this cover off.
If your vehicle is parked outside, you want the sun to stay off, so the inside will be nice and cool. That is why Audew added reflecting performance technology, which keeps harmful radiation out. In turn, this delays the aging process of the front dashboard.
With a highly malleable construction, you can expect this Audew cover to protect the surface of your car, too. This cover will not scratch the car’s surface because the seams do not move when it lies against the vehicle’s shell.
- Made of high-density 190T polyester fabric
- Fully elasticized straps, buckles, and hems keep the cover secure down
- Anti-aging and easy clean properties
- Water-resistant technology
- Comes stock with a locking kit
- The cover is more powerful than the biggest storm
- Perfect for daily use whenever you need its services
10. Motor Trend 4-Layer 4-Season
The Motor Trend 4-Layer 4-Season model is one of the best car covers that money can buy. With 5 different size options (S-XXL), this car cover can fit any kind of vehicle imaginable. Motor Trend, itself, is a distinguished brand that many have heard of over the years. This is primarily due to the fact that Motor Trend specifically engineered a multi-layer cover that has been used for years to protect the most expensive vehicles on the market today.
Starting with the material, this car cover has been reinforced for enhanced comfort and a breathable make-up. With scratchproof know-how, this car cover seals your car’s exterior from harm. No matter the conditions and no matter the weather, you can expect protection against all the elements. Even when there is moisture, this cover will not allow any of it to affect your vehicle negatively.
With a universal fit, this product covers all sedans. Be sure to check measurements before installing because Motor Trend has a cover for you. At 5 pounds, this cover is easy to use and even simpler to take off. You really can’t go wrong by using this well-made covering. It will get the job done right.
- A storage package comes with every purchase
- Click belt is perfect to strap underneath the car
- Amazing customer service
- Takes on high winds with ease
- Built-in antenna area
Buyer’s Guide: Things To Consider When Buying A Car Cover
Car cover reviews must have a buyer’s guide, and this section is no exception. When looking to buy a car cover, you have to know what you are up against. This is a great place to investigate and take your time. Nothing is worse than purchasing the wrong cover because you did not take the time to consider your options. This way, you will be purchasing one car cover, making the perfect decision in the process. So, check out the information below, and start to figure out what kind of car cover you need for your car.
Of course, everyone wants to talk about money. Having a budget in mind can really help you navigate what you can afford and what you can’t. Remember that buying a more expensive cover does not always mean you have bought the best quality. There are a lot of varieties that do hold up as well as a cover that costs twice as much. You will only see a major difference if you are looking to get a blow-up car cover to fight hail and severe snow. So, set your budget and stick with what you need.
Having the right measurements is vital when getting the right car cover for you. This might seem like a no-brainer, but car covers are at their best when they are the correct size of your vehicle. If you buy a car cover that is too big, it may flap around, allowing wind and water in. Sadly, your vehicle will be damaged in the process. On the other hand, if your car cover is too small, it will not sufficiently protect your vehicle, as it should. Using the manufacturer’s size will make sure you have a suitable cover. There are even custom car cover reviews if you are looking for advice from people who have the same vehicle.
Outdoor or Indoor:
Next, you will have to decide if you want a car cover for the outdoors or for in a garage. Of course, they both have their benefits. An indoor cover is perfect for keeping the dust off your prized vehicle. On the other hand, an outdoor cover is great against wind and other types of weather. There are even models out there that are perfect for indoors and outdoors.
Depending on the severity of the weather, there are different covers that match the intensity. For example, winter car covers add more protection over indoor or milder climate options. Check to see what the manufacturer says about the product, as well as customer reviews to give you honest opinions on the subject.
Do you travel a lot? Well, then you probably should not tote around a heavy-duty cover around with the rest of your things. Maybe a lightweight option might be more your style. Or maybe you just want to leave your car in one spot year around. Get a long-lasting cover that will protect your vehicle day after day. Again, check out the maker’s recommendations to see what kind of cover would be best for you here.
Types of Car Covers
There are 3 different types of car covers: all-weather, outdoor, and indoor.
This type of cover really is well rounded. You can find it doing work against hail and other extreme weather varieties. Covers, like these, are denser than other options, which keep them down against a heavy wind. Are you worried about the temperature dropping, freezing your vehicle? With this cover, you will be insulated and protected.
An all-weather cover can blow-up, even with a handy remote, for easy installation. Included in a lot of these covers, you can expect high-end accessories like charging ports to help keep your technology at full strength when you are outside working.
If you want this type of cover, expect to pay more money for this option. But, if you live in an area with constant severe weather, you may want to go ahead and purchase an all-weather cover. Lastly, if you have a pricy vehicle on your hands, you may want to spend the money to cover your expensive possession.
Though not as heavy-duty as an all-weather cover, an outdoor cover still does really great work. This type of cover is perfect for a car you store outdoors. These covers are made from quality materials, so they can stand strong against the sun, wind, and other debris. Most outdoor covers come with built-in strap and buckles to keep them down when harsh winds occur.
This cover is purchased more than any other type, but it also is the least expensive. It only offers minimal protection because its design is for cars in a garage or parking structure. Fortification against dust, dirt, and water is covered with this product, but do not expect it to hold up well in stark weather.
Benefits of Using a Car Cover
According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, the word “benefit” means “something that produces good or helpful results or effects or that promotes well-being.” When it comes to a car cover, you should expect the best benefits around to shelter your car. And you may want to protect your vehicle for a variety of reasons. Maybe you want to keep it in great shape, so one day you can sell it back for a high price. Maybe you have a family, and you want to pass the car down to your kids someday, so they can have a great, safe experience driving, too. Or maybe you are in the business of collector cars, and if it is not in pristine condition, your business will start to take a tumble. No matter what your reason is, car covers need to benefit you. If a car cover does not bring about benefits to you, a brand’s car cover is not worth your business.
There are many benefits to purchasing one of the best car covers in the 21st Century. Check out this list to get your affiliated:
- Protects against pollutants and dust when in storage
- Breathable cloth helps fight mold, rust, and mildew
- Specific covers keep snow, rain, and hail out
- Covers keep thieves away from your valued car
- Purchasing a cover saves you money on the wear and tear of your vehicle
- Scratches will not happen because you have an extraordinary covering
With just a few benefits on this list, you can definitely do some more exploring yourself. Consider heading over to a specific brand site that can help give you more information on the benefits you are looking for. There is a wealth of knowledge out there; you just have to find it. Also, it may be worth your while to talk to trust friends and family. If they have bought a car cover before, they can definitely help you get started. A ton of options is out there to help you figure things out for success moving forward.
How to Install a Car Cover Properly
When people hear the word “installation,” they start to get nervous. This can involve a tedious process that takes forever to put together. However, the great thing about installing a car cover is that it is a stress-free treat. To start, open up the cover and stretch it next to your vehicle. If you purchased a quality cover, it will come standard with wing mirror slots, so it is a breeze to put over your car. Next, you can either place the cover over your vehicle or connect it first to one bummer, pulling it over to the other bummer. When placing the cover over the section of the wing mirror, do this carefully, as to not knock them out of place. Lastly, connect the strap and drawstrings that come with your cover. If you want added protection, you can add extra ties at this point. Always use the owner manual to your benefit, so you know how to cover your vehicle properly. Tutorials are also easily found online to help you if extra attention to detail is needed on the subject. This way, you will only reap the benefits of your car cover.
How to Clean Car Covers Properly
Over time, you will need to wash your car cover, whether it is the best indoor car cover, outdoor, or all-weather variety. It will be time for a cleaning when droppings, mud, dust, and other debris get on your cover. After a few storms, you will start to see the dirt reside on your cover. However, make sure that you do not wash your cover too much, or the cover will start to lose its waterproofing ability.
When washing your car cover, you can wash it by hand by adding a little detergent that is liquid. Lukewarm water works best, too, when washing, but hot water can work just as well. As you mix the water and detergent together, use a sponge to cover your product in liquid goodness. On a sunny day, wash your cover outside, so it will dry quickly and effectively. Additionally, some covers can even be put in the wash, if they are not too big. Lastly, if you are really concerned that you may hurt your cover, try taking it to a professional cleaner to get it looking like new. They may even be able to help you when getting your cover spick-and-span.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions About Car Covers
Q-1: Can I place a cover over my car when it is wet?
- If the cover you have purchased is made of breathable material, this should not be a problem at all. With breathable fabrics, this gives water a chance to evaporate. In the process, more water will not get under your cover. Fortunately, this protects against mildew, rust and/or mold.
Q-2: What are car covers made from?
- There are three specific materials that are used to make car covers. One of the most common ones is polyethylene. This is a durable plastic, which acts as a protector against water. With its flexible make-up, scratches will not happen to a vehicle. Also, against high winds, this plastic holds up well. Another mainstay is aluminum. This light and springy metal are perfect against UV rays. Overheating will not happen with this material. Also, the interior of the car will be safeguarded, too. This means that the paint will not fade over time, and neither will the interior. The last main material is cotton. Used primarily as a lining, cotton is a soft, yet durable substance. It is breathable and allows for water to exit, without negatively affecting your vehicle. Mold, mildew, and rust do not stand a chance.
Q-3: What are the ways to keep the vehicle cooler when a car cover is in use?
- Of course, when looking to keep your vehicle cool, you can definitely park your car under a shady tree when cover. But, there are more thoughts on the matter, too. By lowering your side window a few inches, this will allow for airflow to circulate under your cover. Since your cover will keep your car cool in general, this will only allow for more serene temperatures inside your vehicle. There are also other heat reflective car covers with multi-layers to really turn down the heat.
Q-4: What is the best way to fold a car cover?
- The best way to fold a car cover is by matching up the material and folding it in pieces 2 feet wide. In increments of 3 feet, this will easily fit into a storage bag, and it will allow you to re-open your car cover with ease the next time you need its services.
Q-5: Will a car cover on a street parked car get me in trouble with the law?
- When it comes to the law, this is not an illegal offense, but some states do what you to reveal your license plate. If you have any questions, call your local law enforcement officials.
When searching for the best car covers, there is definitely one for you in this article. Remember that you have to pick the best option for you and your lifestyle. By focusing on what you need, and being patient during the process, look for car covers with amazing protection and a fantastic storage bag to boot. And when the weather comes, rest assured that you will be able to handle any storm that comes your way. After the storm, you will take a breath of fresh air, and uncover a fully protected car. This will allow for a great car cover buying experience.