10 Best Truck Bed Liner 2019 – Reviews & Buying Guide
Trucks make the job of hauling cargo a whole lot easier, but your truck bed tends to suffer a lot of scratches and dents from heavy cargo. Choosing the best truck bed liner for your truck will help to ensure that there is minimum damage to the bed of your truck as cargo shifts or rolls around in transit.
This will not only protect your truck bed from permanent damage, but it will also keep your cargo safe, too. But, since there are so many different types of bed liners to choose from, the entire process of trying to find the best truck bed protection can be a bit overwhelming. You may also consider our review of Tonneau Cover for your need.
Top 10 Best Truck Bed Liner: At A Glance
In this article, we’re going to take a look at some of the most popular options that are available on the market, as well as everything you need to know to help you make the right choice for your specific needs.
Without further ado, let’s get right to it!
- 10 Best Truck Bed Liner Reviews:
- 1. Herculiner HCL1B8 Brush On Bed Liner Kit
- 2. BedRug Full Bedliner SILVERADO or SIERRA 6′ 6″ BED
- 3. Custom Coat 4-Liter Black Urethane Bed Liner
- 4. Rough Country RCM640 Rubber Truck Bed Mat
- 5. Rust-Oleum Automotive Truck Bed Liner
- 6. U-Pol Products RAPTOR Truck Bed Liner
- 7. Linerxtreeme spray on Bedliner
- 8. DualLiner Bed Liner Ford F-150, 5’6″
- 9. Dupli-Color Bed Armor DIY Bed Liner Kit
- 10. Al’s Liner ALS-BL Premium DIY Bed Liner Kit
- Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying Truck Bed Liner
- Types of Truck Bed Liners
- Benefits of Using a Truck Bed Liner
- How to Apply Truck Bed Liner
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) About Truck Bed Liner:
10 Best Truck Bed Liner Reviews:
1. Herculiner HCL1B8 Brush On Bed Liner Kit
This brush-on bed liner kit from Herculiner includes a gallon of protective coating which comes ready for use. Inside the package, you’ll also find an application brush designed to help you get to those tight corners and spots. There are two rollers for easy, even application, and an abrasive pad for preparing the truck bed.
This truck bed liner can be applied to the bed of your truck in just three easy steps, and everything you need is included. This means that you can get started as soon as you get the kit. When cured, this bed liner offers a protective coating that is not only extremely durable and long lasting but skid resistant, too.
It can bond to virtually any type of surface or material, producing great results. This means that you can apply Herculiner to wood, metal, aluminum, concrete, rubber, asphalt, fiberglass, and many plastics, including PVC. With features like that, it’s no wonder this polyurethane-based product made it to the top of our list.
It’s undoubtedly the best roll on truck bed liner for the money. Just remember, with this and similar products, it’s important to always follow the manufacturer’s instructions, otherwise, you risk ending up with results that won’t be pleasing to you.
- Kit contains all the tools you need to complete the job
- Extra brush designed for use on tight corners
- Bonds to virtually all types of surfaces
- Five times thicker than another roll on bed liners
- Seals surfaces and prevents rust and corrosion
2. BedRug Full Bedliner SILVERADO or SIERRA 6′ 6″ BED
This unique, innovative truck bed liner is one that you absolutely must check out if you’re searching for something that will not only protect your truck bed and your precious cargo from impact damage and dings but also provide comfort for your knees, as well.
The BedRug Full Bedliner is made from super durable 100% polypropylene, which is essentially plastic. It can stand up to the harshest conditions you’re able to put it through – whether it’s battery acid or gravel. It is molded to fit your particular truck make and model like a glove. Once you install this bed liner, you’ll have a void-free surface that allows for easy access to accessories and factory tie-downs.
The non-skid surface is ideal for keeping your cargo in place, and the built-in hinge between the tailgate and the truck bed will prevent debris from collecting. In addition to that, this material is UV-resistant and will never fade.
The foam is similar to the kind used to make life jackets which means that it won’t absorb water or cause mildew. Water simply runs off the surface, through the perimeter, and out of the truck bed drain holes. Your truck dries in as little as 20 minutes. To clean it, just hose, vacuum, or use a power washer, and the BedRug truck bed liner will be as food as new!
- Rugged construction which is great for handling heavy cargo
- Perfectly molds to fit your truck
- The ¾-inch thick cushioned floor is great for cargo, pets, and knees
- Bleach, battery acid, and oil easily wash off
- An anti-skid surface that is stain and UV-resistant
3. Custom Coat 4-Liter Black Urethane Bed Liner
In addition to your truck bed, this tough, urethane-based, two-part spray on truck bed liner can be used on any surface including wood, concrete, aluminum, metal, fiberglass, and plastics. In fact, it works on the majority of OE manufacturer’s finishes.
The kit comes with everything you need to complete the job, including the black bed liner base, the custom coat hardener, and a free application gun which has a value of over $30! You also get clear-cut instructions to ensure that your spray job is as effective as possible. As long as you follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully, you’ll have a final result that looks sleek and professional.
The custom coat is particularly easy to use and protects your truck bed against corrosion and rust. It also offers superb UV protection and can be applied using a Schutz gun. All you have to do is add hardener, shake the bottle, and spray. This formula is also designed for rolling or brushing on and is the best spray on truck bed liner for anyone looking for quality and affordability.
- Kit contains enough material to spray large even large truck beds
- The formula is easy to use. Just add hardener, shake, spray
- Stain and abrasion-resistant
- Waterproof, durable, and flexible
- Reduces vibrations and deadens sound
4. Rough Country RCM640 Rubber Truck Bed Mat
If your truck handles heavy loads, and you’re looking for something to keep it free of unsightly scratches and dents, then this could be the ideal product for your needs. The contoured rubber truck bed mat from Rough Country is made from heavy-duty 3/8” rubber which is virtually indestructible.
The high-quality compound which makes up the rubber doesn’t crack, even under extreme temperatures – neither does it fade when it’s exposed to the harshest sun.
The stylized bed mat comes with an impressive-looking logo from the Rough Country brand and the angled lines give it a unique look that will transform your truck’s appearance while also offering your truck bed the ultimate in protection from outside elements.
This bed liner is designed for beds that are 5-ft 5-in in size. It offers super quick installation and excellent durability. For anyone who wants real value for money, this is an investment that will give you great returns for years to come.
- Textured surface for non-skid performance
- Abrasion and tear resistant
- Extra thick rubber provides more protection than other truck bed mats
- Underside designed for enhanced aeration and drainage
- Made from rust and mildew resistant material
5. Rust-Oleum Automotive Truck Bed Liner
If you’re looking for ease, then this is probably the best truck bed liner you can get. The Rust-Oleum Automotive truck bed coating comes in a formula that can be applied in just three easy steps. First, clean and sand the surface you’re going to use the coating on.
You can use a degreaser or cleaner to get rid of all the dirt, oil, and whatever other contaminants are present. Once you’ve sanded the entire truck bed using a scuff pad or sandpaper, you can rinse it and allow it to dry. The next step is to cover all the areas except for the truck bed liner to protect those areas against any splatters or spills that may happen during the process of applying the truck bed liner.
The final step is to apply the formula using the applicator kit for either brushing and rolling or spraying the liner onto your vehicle with ease. For maximum durability, apply at least three coats and allow them to dry for at least 24 hours.
As you can see, the process is very simple to complete, and as long as you follow the manufacturer’s instructions, you’ll have a beautifully coated result that not only resists scratches but also hides imperfections and protects your truck bed from harsh elements.
- Great for hiding imperfections on your truck
- Scratch-resistant coating protects from damage
- Offers more durability and texture with each coat
- Can be sprayed, brushed, or rolled onto any surface
- Extremely attractive textured finish
6. U-Pol Products RAPTOR Truck Bed Liner
This kit is designed to cover medium to large truck beds, and it’s extremely easy to use. All you have to do is fill it, shake it, and shoot! The speed of the hardener controls the dry times, but overall, it’s a fast-drying formula that is super simple to apply. It’s resistant to UV rays, scratches, and stains.
The coating also protects your truck bed from rust, corrosion, damp, mold, and harsh temperatures. Once applied, your truck bed surface will be waterproof with a smooth texture in a radiant color that will never fade.
You can apply the formula with a Schutz gun. Alternatively, you can use a brush or roller to achieve different textures.
- Helps to deaden sounds and vibrations
- Will not fade even in harsh elements
- Scratch and stain resistant for maximum protection
- Protects against rust and mold
- A high-quality coating that lasts a long time
7. Linerxtreeme spray on Bedliner
This three-gallon sprayable bed liner kit covers up to 100 square feet. It comes with a spray gun as well as two reducer cans which double as the gun’s cups. It will easily do a couple of short bed trucks or a single 8-ft bed in high-quality coating with a professional, semi-gloss finish that outlasts many others.
Owners of Jeeps, Trucks, Boats, and ATVs love this product because of its durability and visual appeal. If you’re searching for a truck bed liner which checks all the boxes when it comes to quality, durability, looks, and price – this is one you definitely need to consider. It’s also the best truck bed liner spray paint for anyone who wants an easy application.
- Comes with one-page instructions that are extremely easy to follow
- Has amazing UV-resistance and adhesion properties
- The product has over 20 years in business and 1000’s of loyal customers
- Professional quality finish
- Kit includes a free gun for spraying
8. DualLiner Bed Liner Ford F-150, 5’6″
This innovative type of bed liner combines all the top features of the best bed liners on the market into one awesome bed liner system. It comes pre-cut for Box Link system and Factory LED Lights. The sides are made from one of the toughest materials you’ll find, and the polyethylene panels are designed to follow the contours of your truck so as to be an exact fit for your particular make or model.
At a full 3/8 of an inch thick, this truck bed mat is among the thickest you’ll get on the market today, and if that is a factor that you value in your truck bed liner, then this product is worth taking a look at. It keeps your cargo in place thanks to the zero skid feature which protects both your cargo and your truck bed.
The mat is also designed to allow you to add cleats to the mat’s underside. This is to keep it from laying flat on the vehicle’s finish while allowing water to drain out from the factory made drain holes at the same time.
- Fits any truck make, model, or year
- Pre-cut for Box Link system and Factory LED Lights
- 100% made in the US
- Super thick mat for the ultimate in protection
- Hard sidewalls protect from dents
9. Dupli-Color Bed Armor DIY Bed Liner Kit
This formula is water based and has a low odor compared to others. It also cleans up very easily with just soap and water. It’s formulated with Kevlar and withstands the extreme impacts that even the most hard-working trucks face on a daily basis. Once applied, your truck bed will be resistant to various automotive chemicals such as gasoline.
The kit covers a box that is six feet long and an additional (optional) quart will cover a one that is eight feet long. Dupli-Color is a well-known brand that is popular for its high-quality automotive paint products, and this one is no different. They strive to offer truck owners perfection through product innovations for truck finishing, OEM, as well as specialty coating markets.
This kit is specifically designed with DIYers in mind, which means they’ve made the application process as simple and easy as possible. You’ll be able to complete it in no time and have a beautiful, textured, professional-looking black satin finish that will protect the bed of your truck for years to come.
You can apply this formula on various surfaces including wood, concrete, metal, and fiberglass. Its versatility is one of the reasons why so many users rave about this water-based polyurethane truck bed liner. All in all, this is the best DIY truck bed liner on the market.
- Durable, rubberized finish extends the life of your truck bed
- Impact-resistant coating won’t chip, flake, or peel
- Can be used on virtually any surface of your vehicle
- Low odor, easy to use
- Skid-resistance properties keep cargo safe during transit
10. Al’s Liner ALS-BL Premium DIY Bed Liner Kit
This product is designed to help prevent rust, mildew, and other types of damage from occurring on your truck bed. You can use it as a bed liner for your truck, or you can spray it on anything to protect it from harsh UV rays.
According to reviews from customers online, the spray-on polyurethane bed liner from AL’s has been used on everything from truck beds to rifle stocks and even light posts. You can coat almost any surface including metal, fiberglass, and wood to protect it from outside elements.
This truck bed liner product is a batch mix system, which means that you’re able to mix as little or as much as you need to complete your current project. It consists of three standard components that come separate and ready to mix. The kits are all tintable, and you can either modify the included kit or create your own for a truly custom color.
If you need to tougher protection from your finish, or if your project demands a smoother match for your substrate, this is a great option to go with as Al’s Liner offers you a wide range of additives and accessories that let you duplicate the hardness and texture of any type of bed liner available on the market.
This wet bed liner has a user-friendly design that most novice sprayers will really appreciate. The kit is also super convenient to use as it can also be applied without the need for expensive protective equipment required by most other kits.
- Only urethane/acrylic DIY kit that meets professional bed liners standards
- Offers durable, high-quality protective coating for your vehicle
- Versatile formula can be used on various other surfaces
- Can be customized to produce any texture, thickness, or color you desire
- UV-resistant and will not fade, rust, or succumb to chemicals and solvents
Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Buying Truck Bed Liner
As you can see, truck bed liners come in all shapes, sizes, and prices. Listed below are some of the factors you need to take into consideration when choosing the best truck bed liner to suit your needs:
Spray-in or Drop-in
One of the first things you need to consider is whether you want to go for a spray-in or a drop-in truck bed liner. The difference between the two is that the drop-in option is more affordable and can be installed and removed with ease. No further modifications are necessary, although you may have to drill some holes to make it fit better.
This type of liner has a solid structure and is suited to specific models. It hides damages and dents very well and has rubber liners that help to deliver excellent non-skid performance. However, when it loosens, this type of truck bed liner wears out, rusts, and lets water penetrate.
A spray-in truck bed liner, on the other hand, involves spraying a uniform coat on the truck bed to create a permanent bed liner. Spray-in liners come in different formulations and are applied using different processes, but they all deliver high performance.
These types of bed liners are extremely durable and suitable for all types of surfaces, from metal and aluminum to wood, concrete, and even fiberglass. But, prior to spraying, you need to make sure the surface is totally clean in order to get the ultimate grip.
Although it’s super versatile, this type of truck bed liner requires sanding. The color also fades easily and a mistake made during installation has the potential to ruin its overall durability and performance.
The material you choose for your bed liner is going to depend on a variety of factors. For instance, is your main goal to prevent corrosion? In that case, you want a corrosion-resistant liner. Or are you more concerned about getting a UV resistant truck bed liner, if you work under the harsh sun?
If your truck does some really heavy-duty hauling, then your chosen bed liner should be made from a super durable material. Pick your truck bed liner based on the material that best suits your requirements.
There are some types of bed liners that are removable, and some that aren’t. If you opt for a permanent liner (like the spray on or brush on liners), once it’s on your truck, it can never be removed. If you’re going to want your truck’s original surface back one day, then opt for a removable truck bed liner.
The texture of the bed liner you choose matters quite a lot. If you want to be able to load heavy cargo by slipping it into place, then you need a bed liner with a slick texture. If, however, you need friction to keep things in place during transport, then you’re better off choosing a texture that is more rigid.
The process of installing your truck bed liner shouldn’t be a hard one. Make sure you opt for a bed liner which is easy to install (and remove, in the case of removable ones). It shouldn’t require a lot of effort on your part. Find out about the installation process before making your purchase, unless you’re getting an expert to do it for you.
This is something that you need to consider if you want your truck bed liner looking and performing its best for a long time to come. Maintenance prolongs use and durability, but you don’t want the process to be a full-time job for you.
Types of Truck Bed Liners
When it comes to truck bed liners, there are three basic types:
- 1. Spray-in Bed Liners
These are very popular among truck owners, but if you’ve never used one before, it can be a hassle to try and apply it yourself. First, you have to sand down your truck bed, and then use a sprayer – two processes that the majority of truck owners aren’t exactly familiar with. This means that you’d have to figure out a lot of things on the fly.
- 2. Bed Mats
The second option available to you is to use bed mats. These are much easier to install than spray-in liners, and there’s also a very wide variety of materials that you can choose from, ranging from rubber to wood and even synthetic carpet.
Whichever material you choose to go with will be designed to be an exact fit for your vehicle that will effectively cushion your bed from the impact. A major disadvantage of this type of truck bed liner is that it only covers the bottom and not the sides of the truck bed.
- 3. Bed Liners
This is the best option for anyone looking for full coverage. Bed liners generally cover everything from your bed floor to the sides, including the wheel wells and tailgate.
Benefits of Using a Truck Bed Liner
A truck is a big investment, and in order to keep it in tip-top shape, you need to get the best truck bed liner for it. If you’re still wondering whether this is even necessary at all, read on to find out all the benefits that come with installing a liner for your truck bed:
Protection from damage – A bed liner will not only protect your truck from scratches and dents, but also from rust, corrosion, and extreme weather conditions.
Protection for your cargo – Decent truck bed liners also serves to protect your cargo from abrasions and dents and to hold it firmly during transportation so there’s no sliding while the truck is in motion.
Comfortable Ride – This is a lesser-known fact about truck bed liners, but they also help to lessen vibrations and deaden the sound, which means your ride will be a lot smoother and quieter. It also prevents objects from clattering about in the back of your truck.
Aesthetics – In addition to all those performance features, a truck bed liner also serves to keep your truck looking great! It neatens the overall look of your vehicle.
How to Apply Truck Bed Liner
The process of applying your truck bed liner will vary depending on which type of bed liner you choose to go with (spray on, brush on, roll on, drop in, or bed mat). Make sure you read the manufacturer’s instructions closely in order to successfully install your truck bed liner.
Just remember, some types are easier to install than others, and factor this into your buying decision if you intend to install it yourself. For instance, spray truck bed liners require a bit more expertise to apply properly than other types.
A ‘wet’ truck bed liner can be installed using a spray, roller, or brush. You add layers onto your truck bed, forming a textured protective coating which you can color match to suit the color of your truck. As for rubber, plastic, or carpeted bed liners, these can be added manually to fit perfectly against your truck’s contours.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) About Truck Bed Liner:
Q-1: Is a truck bed liner really necessary?
- If you have no need to protect your truck from scratches, dents, abrasions, dust, UV rays, or extreme weather, then there’s no need for you to get a bed liner for your truck. But, if you want to keep your truck looking its best for a long time to come, then this is a great investment – particularly if you ensure that you color match the bed liner to your truck’s color to enhance its appearance as well as its performance.
Q-2: Is DIY spray on truck bed liner advisable?
- Doing it yourself is possible, but it probably won’t match professional quality. There’s a lot involved with installing a new truck bed liner, including prepping and sanding. The pros have experience in installing truck bed liners, and they also possess specialized equipment.
- They will ensure that the job is done well. Having said that, if you feel up to the challenge, make sure you read the instructions from the manufacturer and follow them to the letter to avoid costly mistakes that could result in poor performance.
Q-3: Can I use bed liner spray on other surfaces?
- Yes, you can. Some truck owners actually use the bed liner on their vehicle’s bodies, on wood, and various other surfaces. Just remember to read and follow the instructions for prepping, particularly when applying the spray truck bed liner to metal surfaces.
Q-4: How do I maintain a truck bed liner the right way?
- For spray-on truck bed liners, you can spray a protective coating that will protect the liner beneath. Keep an eye on this coating for peeling or scratches, and touch up any areas that need attention. As for carpet, plastic, or rubber options, these need to be checked for rust, mold or damp regularly. Remove and wash them occasionally to keep them at their best.
A bed liner will not only save your truck from harsh outdoor elements, but it will also keep your cargo safe. In addition to that, it also improves your vehicle’s appearance, which is something you’ll appreciate if you’ve already spent a great deal on your truck.
A good truck bed liner made from high-quality, durable material is a smart investment that will add value to your vehicle. Use this article as your resource to help you choose the best truck bed liner for your unique needs from our list of the 10 most popular options on the market right now.