10 Best Jeep Wrangler Seat Covers 2018 – Reviews and Buying Guide
Whatever make of a jeep wrangler you have, adjusting some stock parts to achieve its ultimate lifespan and service is necessary. The jeep is well built to survive the most extreme summers and winters even in the worst roads but not all the stock parts are up to the task. All Jeep wrangler seats that come from the factory will become dusty, get scratched, rot and age prematurely with continued exposure to weather elements, stains, cuts and scratches if not covered. The best jeep wrangler seat covers are designed to prevent these conditions from destroying your seats prematurely while still offering a comfortable and safe driving experience.
Top 3 Best Jeep Wrangler Seat Covers: Editor’s Pick
|Rough Country 91001 Neoprene|
|Coverking TJ 2 Door Neoprene|
|Designcovers 97-06 Black and Tan TJ|
Compatibility and durability are an important component for any Jeep Wrangler seat cover but you have to ensure the cover meets the specifications of your car to avoid wasting your money. There are many manufacturers in the market claiming to use the best material to make their jeep wrangler seat covers weatherproof and stain resistant. The specifications of the cover for your particular jeep will depend on the make, type of roof you use, who and what you carry and where you drive your jeep. This guide will give you a description of the market’s best sellers and what their best jeep wrangler seat covers are suited for. Do you need Tonneau Cover like seat covers? If so you may go through it.
- 10 Best Jeep Wrangler Seat Covers Review:
- 1. The Rough Country 91001 Neoprene Seat Cover
- 2. The Coverking TJ 2 Door Neoprene Seat Cover
- 3. The Designcovers 97-06 Black and Tan TJ Wrangler Seat Cover.
- 4. The Bestop Vinyl Black Denim Rear Bench Seat Cover
- 5. The Leader Accessories 07-10 JK Front Seat Cover
- 6. The Bestop Trialmax II Front Seat Cover
- 7. The Designcovers 11-18 JK Black Seat Cover
- 8. The CarsCover 11-18 JK Neoprene Seat Cover
- 9. The Bartact 13-18 JK Baseline Performance Seat Covers
- 10. The Bestop Trektop NX Glide Soft Top
- Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Choose Jeep Wrangler Seat Covers
- So when should seat covers be replaced?
- Frequently Asked Questions About Jeep Wrangler Seat Covers:
10 Best Jeep Wrangler Seat Covers Review:
1. The Rough Country 91001 Neoprene Seat Cover
Neoprene is the best material for jeep wrangler seat covers. It is used in wetsuits and now car seat covers for its breathability and comfort while retaining its original flexibility and color in the summer and winter. It is also waterproof. The rough country used 4 layers neoprene for this particular seat cover which can hold off a big deal of destructors including water and stains. The foam padding retains the comfort for the driver and passengers and the whole cover only needs a wipe with a damp sponge to clean. You should not use machine cleaning or drying for any neoprene material to avoid shrinking, peeling and tearing. You won’t need it anyway, the cover air dries in a short time.
This package has a complete set of two front seat covers and a rear bench cover both of which are designed to accommodate your company seat applications including adjustments, airbags and baby seat straps. The set comes with 4 headrest covers. The Atlas neoprene frames are designed to fit snugly on any 03- 06 TJ and TJU wrangler. It has fastening buckles at the back for a tie-on fitting to the seat to hold and adjust it in place to avoid sliding while you drive. Installing and removing is simple and unaided with a set of instructions and a one-year warranty.
Being neoprene, these seat covers are well suited for both high and low temperatures meaning they will not appear rusty after a few summers. They are designed to wade off any dust to remain new for a very long time. However, the neoprene is rubber, you have to keep the seat covers away from hot and sharp objects. You can buy these covers if you have a roofless or sunscreen roof, it can survive both the heat and the rain. Scratches from jungle rides will also not tear through the four layers of neoprene making this one of the best jeep wrangler seat covers suited for off-road driving.
- Four layers of neoprene for extra UV and water resistance.
- The Foam Padding is resistant to tear and water while offering maximum comfort and breathability even after long hours of driving.
- The seat cover is designed to fit perfectly with factory seat extensions including the headrest, seat lever adjustments and airbags.
- Neoprene is dust and stain resistant and it allows you to clean your seat covers within a short time.
- The set comes with headrest covers directly compatible with the named models with no need for cuts.
- The snug fit design with rear buckles of the seat covers combines perfectly with the stock seats offering a classy look and a comfortable ride.
2. The Coverking TJ 2 Door Neoprene Seat Cover
Coverking manufactures customized accessories and this one is a two-layer neoprene cover designed specifically, for the 2-door TJ Jeep Wrangler model. The seat cover is also custom stitched to emulate the stock seats with more room for the foam to maximize your comfort when driving. It has fastening buckles with zippers to hold the cover on the seat more snugly. Being custom designed, installation is extra easy with all adjustments made for the airbag and seat belts.
The sides are black with a smooth grey finish for a soft touch, classy appearance and dust resistance. Coverking uses close fitting airspaces on the foam to withstand the heat for extra safety. The large gear pocket at the back also allows you to store more small gear tools compared to your stock seat pockets. The Neoprene extends well over the back for a compact covering on the whole seat. Washing can be done using warm water and a damp cloth or a professional cleaner.
- The custom design gives more precision to the fitting, it makes them snug and appealing.
- The compact high-density foam is more durable and comfortable with fire resistance for more safety.
- The zipper makes fastening and removing the seat covers easier.
- Coverking does UV treatment on all their seat covers to prevent decolorization due to intense heat.
- The smooth finish of and the charcoal color blurs stains and offers resistance to spills and stains for a new look on your seat cover.
3. The Designcovers 97-06 Black and Tan TJ Wrangler Seat Cover.
This is a polyester seat cover made of three layers of cotton which make it very durable. It has black frames and a smooth tan finish with a fine touch which is abrasion and stain resistant. It is suitable for a roofed 2 door TJ wrangler since it doesn’t react well with water. The cover can, however, be machine cleaned for a spotless appearance but do not machine dry it. The cotton finish is more comfortable and the covers are fitted with just the right holes for your pull straps, seat levers and the airbag. It also comes with gear pockets on the sides, front and back for extra storage space.
The Front and back seat colors come in bright matching colors giving your car a glow. This is the best jeep wrangler seat cover choice for a budget purchase. It has a standard price compared to other neoprene and vinyl seat covers but it still offers long-term service with the three-layer tear resistant cotton. It comes with a complete set of instructions to install and a one-year warranty to cover any premature spoilage.
- The seat cover can be machine washed for a better stubborn stain and dust removal.
- Cotton can always be dyed if you feel the color is fading.
- The padded foam and the cotton fit together perfectly as a comfortable seat provider.
- It doesn’t get hot when exposed to intense heat. It also remains flexible in all weather conditions.
- The pricing is standard compared to common models such as bartact seat covers.
4. The Bestop Vinyl Black Denim Rear Bench Seat Cover
Bestop is one of the best jeep wrangler accessory brands and they manufacture some of the original factory parts. They produce the best 3D designed fitting jeep wrangler seat covers with this particular one designed specifically to replace the TJ rear seat. They use a combination of a complete automotive grade vinyl fabric cover for the front and 2-layer polyester cotton for the back. The bungee-cord attachment makes installation easy and the fitting snug. This is a perfect upgrade for a topless or even sunscreen roofed wrangler to prevent the rear bench from out aging the front seat.
The cover has enough room to allow adjustment of your back seat if you need to carry some small cargo in the back. Vinyl is also fire resistant, easy to clean and very durable making this one of the best jeep seat covers for long-term use. Being a single set for the rear seat only, it allows you to make a budgeted upgrade. You can still buy a matching vinyl front seat set to match. It is one of the most famous jeep Cherokee seat covers for any 97-02 2 door Jeep models as well as JK models. The set comes with separate headrest covers as well.
- Bestop factory grade vinyl is UV resistant and the black color will not fade for a long time.
- The cover extends to whole backseat both front and back for maximum protection of your seat.
- The polyester fabric at the back is 2 layered for extra protection while imitating the factory design.
- Vinyl is scratch resistant and can handle bulky cargo on the back seat.
- The sets come in original factory colors passing as a renewal of your car’s original appearance.
- The map pockets on the seat back allow you to store and access more gear conveniently.
- You can attach a child seat tether to the rear seat cover through the openings.
5. The Leader Accessories 07-10 JK Front Seat Cover
This is a red and black bartact jeep wrangler seat cover for your 07-10 2 door JK wrangler made of 2mm neoprene and polyester with a foam for maximum comfort. This is one of the cheapest Jeep Wrangler seat covers for a roofed JK. If you have a topless model, you may need to apply your own UV treatment to avoid fading. It is designed to fit perfectly on your front seat with matching headrest covers. Leader accessories offer a free return and a 1-year warranty for this seat cover. A matching backseat cover can be bought independently as well.
Due to the custom design, the cover fits perfectly and can be installed in less than 30minutes. It also has adjustable buckles at the back and you can adjust the cover if it becomes loose due to wearing. The bright primary colors will give your car interior a classy upgrade that you can remove, clean with a sponge and put back in a short time. It covers both front and back and also has large pockets at the bottom back for extra storage.
- A uniform combination of polyester and 2 layers of neoprene for comfort and weather resistance.
- The set is standardly priced and sold independently for cheaper upgrades.
- Custom designs allow the seat cover to fit perfectly with little effort needed when installing.
- The adjustable buckles allow you to tighten the seat cover it gets loose due to wearing with time.
- The seat cover can be machine washed with a thin polyester layer for quick air drying.
6. The Bestop Trialmax II Front Seat Cover
The Bestop vinyl seat covers are among the best Jeep Grand Cherokee seat covers that can last the whole lifespan of your car. The Trialmax series is made of an all vinyl fabric that covers your whole seat. This Is a high-performance seat cover with a higher price but it offers maximum comfort and adjustability with close fit high-density foam built to last the time. It fits perfectly on any 97-06 Cherokee. You will, however, you have to make a few adjustments when installing. You will need to get an adapter bracket to fit the seat cover on 97-02 CJ wranglers and a seat slide lever adapter for 03-06 Wranglers.
The seat cover durability is aided by the welded atlas frames covering both top and bottom with Variable resistance to accommodate different levels of pressure. The long-term service is extended with stain and dust free UV treated vinyl that will retain shape in both high and low temperatures. Bestop designs come in Original factory colors and they offer a perfect fit. The seat comes with a headrest cover that you can adjust in any direction for maximum comfort. The cover will work well on an open roof jeep wrangler without fading or absorbing water making this the best jeep wrangler seat cover for lifetime upgrade.
- This is not a paired upgrade, you can get one for the driver or passenger seat at your convenience.
- The seat comes in original factory colors retaining the classy original appearance of your interior.
- The headrest is four-way adjustable: up/down and both sides for maximum comfort.
- Springs for a variable rate of resistance allows the seat to handle different pressure levels for long with minimal wearing.
- The seat cover comes with a wide range adjustability lever button for reclining back to fit perfectly with your original seat comfort.
- The welded atlas frame offers more durability for the seat. It is also electrostatically painted for higher corrosion resistance.
7. The Designcovers 11-18 JK Black Seat Cover
This is the most advanced Soft cotton jeep wrangler seat cover designed to imitate your original JK seats but customized to include your name. They have 3 layers of cotton fabric with padded foam like the TJ seat covers with maximum comfort but little water resistance. You can always machine wash them. The red name tag with the black design gives your car interior a great look. They are more standardly priced compared to your common bartact upgrades. They also come with headrest covers for both the front and split rear bench seats.
Designcovers offers a complete set of both front and back seat covers for a matching upgrade. You can install it quickly as it is designed with all the right holes for the side airbags, seat straps and lever. You also get adjustments for baby seat straps in the rear bench cover. This particular set will come with a combination of hexagonal clips for fastening under the seats for a firm hold. The material is not stitched at the top to reduce the possibility of liquid spills and dust penetrating to your seats.
- Extra-large gear pockets at the seat cover back to take more internal cargo comfortably.
- The metallic and hexagonal clips hold the cover snugly under the seat.
- This cover comes with your name on the covers for a classy internal appearance.
- Three layers of cotton offer increased scratch resistance.
- This seat cover can be machine washed to remove stubborn stains.
8. The CarsCover 11-18 JK Neoprene Seat Cover
This is probably the best custom fit 4 door JK wrangler seat cover in the market. It is made of 2 layers of Neoprene with a soft foam padding in the center designed to offer maximum comfort. The Heavy neoprene frame is elastic for both the seat and backrest covers meaning you do not need clips to fit it, just slip and strap it in place. Black frames and a smooth charcoal finish with UV treatment prevents fading. It is also staining and water resistant.
The set is standardly priced with 4 headrest covers, a 60/40 rear bench cover and a pair of front seat covers. You will need to make an adjustment for the headrest covers but the seat cover has the holes for the seat straps, levers and airbags.
- A JK custom design with elastic frames for an easy installation and a snug slip in fit.
- The neoprene cover is easy to wash. Simply use a wet sponge and soap.
- The whole cover is UV treated to resist fading. You can comfortably use it for your Sunrider jeep.
- The bottom cover does not use clips to avoid interfering with the wires under your front seat which can cause short-circuiting.
- The whole set is quite standardly priced considering it covers both the front and rear bench.
9. The Bartact 13-18 JK Baseline Performance Seat Covers
Bartact seat covers are the best high-performance based seat covers in the market with this JK Wrangler front seat pair offered in black and graphite to match your JK stock set. The set does not come with a headrest cover but you can buy it separately. The seat is assured to fit snugly on your seat due to the custom design fit. Bartact removed all topstitching to prevent any water entry to your seat. This set retains the Bartact front zipped pocket as well as the rear pocket. The 1/4 foam padding extends a scrim foam below the seat to protect it from extreme wear caused by pressure and movement.
This is an American made UV resistant Neoprene Cover. It is fade resistant and can fit perfectly on both JK and JK Unlimited models. You probably want to check out the SRS airbag directions before installing but the seat cover accommodates the airbag perfectly. This material will prevent your seat from sliding around with the scrim backing for protecting the seat’s underneath. The high-density foam of the baseline cover is also heat resistant making your driving safer.
- The seat cover has a scrim backing to protect the seat both on top and underneath for minimal wear, the whole material is UV treated with fade resistant black and graphite fabric.
- The custom design allows the sit to fit snugly with no need for clips to hold it firm.
- The Neoprene is totally waterproof with no stitching at the top to prevent any leakages into the seat.
- You have a choice of buying a matching or separate design headrest cover as the seat cover is universal and the headrest cover is sold separately.
- The zippered pockets at the front and large pockets at the back of the seat offer more storage convenience.
10. The Bestop Trektop NX Glide Soft Top
This is not one of the popular trek armor seat covers, it is a full Bestop Vinyl top cover for your JK Wrangler. This is the best soft top for a JK wrangler if you want to upgrade to a smooth and quite Sunrider experience while retaining the fresh air from a soft cover. The cover extends all the way to the rear and comes with a zipperless side and rear windows which make sliding back easier. The automotive grade vinyl fabric used to cover the top is totally waterproof and the whole glide top can be rolled back easily to your rear seat for an open ride. It also has the Sunrider flip back panel over the seats for more convenience.
You do not need to drill anything. The cover has soft vinyl top material with steel frames which allow you to fix the roof on each side quite easily and they can still hold off the strongest winds and rainwater. The package includes a tailgate bar, side windows, 18% tint rear windows for a warm winter ride, top arch bar, and window surrounds for a simple pull on installation with no tools. The roof has zippered mesh pockets as well for small gear storage.
The custom fit design of the cover allows it to hold firmly onto the roof with no loose parts preventing any noise when driving. With the flyback panel, you can uncover both the driver and passenger seats quickly without rising from the driver seat. The folding design also allows you to have a smooth open ride with the whole cover tucked behind the rear seat. This is a JK wrangler soft top for your 07-18 Jeep. Bestop offers other covers for both 2 door and 4 door TJ Jeeps.
- Steel frames and thermoplastic polymer cover is a total weatherproof combination.
- The rear windows have no zippers making covering and uncovering your roof a simple 1-minute job.
- The snug fit of the vinyl cover on the frame prevents any noise when driving as compared to other soft Jeep Trektop covers.
- The rear windows are tinted for a classy look. They also help increase the temperatures of the car inside in cold weather.
- The diamond black cover has a classy fastback appearance and it comes with a 5-year warranty.
- The folding design sticks the whole cover at the back with an easy backward roll for the maximum roof exposure.
Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Choose Jeep Wrangler Seat Covers
This guide contains specific reviews of the best brands you need for any type of roof your jeep wrangler has. However, before you pay for the seat cover, go through this buying guide and attach scores to every seat cover to narrow down to your specific family and season needs as well as compatibility with your jeep.
All factors depend on the material of the set cover. It will determine breathability, ease of cleaning and the lifespan your seat cover can last in different weather conditions. These are the popular materials and how they will serve you.
Most Trek armor seat covers are made of this material due to their great service as waterproof, heat resistant and easy clean jeep wrangler covers. Vinyl lasts longer than polyester and leather seat covers. The main disadvantage with vinyl is low breathability. You will get damp when you drive on a pure vinyl cover for long. Bestop combines small layers of vinyl with polyester for breathability and long-term service. Vinyl is also the best material for both a soft and hard top as it will last nearly as long as your car. Even when they fade, vinyl will not appear as rusty a neoprene. The material also maintains flexibility with the highest and lowest temperatures.
This is simply synthetic rubber modified to be more flexible and more breathable while still handling the same heavy-duty tasks as Vinyl. The same material is used in wetsuits. It is waterproof but more susceptible to peeling. The reaction of neoprene to heat also make them a little uncomfortable and unsafe. Most seat covers use neoprene with a padded foam for comfort and breathability. Neoprene is also easy to treat for UV resistance. They last over 5 years and they are also very flexible.
The leather is comfortable and easy to clean. Your stains even the most stubborn ones will also not be seen easily. If tanned right, Leather can really serve you for long but the weather is the worst test for this material. It can crack in heat or shrink when it gets cold. Leather also gets damp when the heat is high.
- Cotton and Polyester
The two can be combined for better performance or be applied in different layers for strength but they are the most comfortable and breathable seat cover materials. They are also cheaper than leather, vinyl, and neoprene. They stain easily and catch more dust but you can machine wash them which still keeps them clean.
There are versatile seat covers but you will have to adjust for different makes of Jeep Wranglers due to the different locations of seat adjustable and headrest. Custom designed seat covers fit more perfectly and installation is also easier. You have to check with the manufacturer to ensure your order is compatible to avoid bearing the return shipping cost. However compatible a seat cover can be, you also have to consider the current state of the car stock parts and seats. Old seats may shrink leaving the seat cover loose even if it is designed for your car.
3. Ease of installation
You will buy either a tie-on, slip-on or clip-on seat cover. Clip-on seat covers are firmer but they take more time to install. Most custom designed seat covers will be simple slip on or tie on and they will hold firmly. Some manufacturers will give you directions for installing which is important. You have to ensure that you can retain a comfortable seat adjustment with whatever installation your seat cover requires for safety and comfort.
4. Ease of cleaning/Machine washing
This will affect the general appearance of your seat cover for its entire time of service time. Machine washing is not available for hardcovers as well as vinyl and heavy neoprene covers. Some neoprene covers and cotton/polyester covers can be machine washed which makes your life easier. The leather is still the cleanest material as you can simply wipe it. Airdrying is always advised as it keeps your seat cover in good shape and avoids shrinking.
How long can the material last in the hottest sun, and other weather elements? This is the question that any jeep wrangler owner should ask before making a purchase. Vinyl and neoprene are the strongest scratch and tear resistant materials that can also be UV treated to avoid fading. If you have a roofless jeep or you do more off-roading, leather and polyester will definitely not last that long. The manufacturer will give you an estimated lifespan for your seat cover but your personal treatment of your car’s interior, as well as the weather, will determine its ultimate lifespan.
So when should seat covers be replaced?
For the longest service, you should always buy a seat cover when the car is new to achieve the real purpose of the seat cover. Seat covers are however bound to shrink and wear out. Here are some of the reasons you should change your seat cover.
- If your seat cover is torn or starts to peel, crack or tear on the surface.
- If the material shrinks and becomes inflexible preventing seat adjustment and comfort.
- If your seat cover wears and becomes too loose to stay in place when driving.
- If you are changing your driving environment or car roof. If the coming weather cannot be handled by your seat cover, you can also switch to a more resistant one to save your money.
- If you sense a bad smell meaning the seat cover is rotting.
Frequently Asked Questions About Jeep Wrangler Seat Covers:
a) Which is the best jeep wrangler seat cover?
- A jeep wrangler is meant to cover all family carrying tasks in standard and off-road driving. This makes neoprene and Vinyl cover the best suit for the all-weather seat covering. However, for a beautiful and more customized interior appearance, polyester and leather are great but you have to ensure minimal exposure to weather elements.
b) Are seat covers really necessary?
The benefits of having a seat cover on your car are incredible. It is not a must to have one but it will give you a better driving experience and increase your seats’ lifespan. These are some of the benefits of a seat cover.
- They keep your seat and car stock parts in good shape for a long time.
- They improve the appearance of the interior of your car.
- They allow you to change your car roof and drive off-road comfortably without affecting the condition of your car stock parts.
- They allow you to carry family and pets while keeping the spills, scratches and other abuses off the seats.
c) How long will a seat cover last?
- The material determines the lifespan of your seat cover. Vinyl and Neoprene can last up to 10 years depending on the thickness and your maintenance. For leather and cotton, you may have to replace within the first three years of purchase.
d) Can I change my seat cover?
- Absolutely. For convenience purposes such as weather change, need for a baby seat strap or dissatisfaction, you can always switch to another make of a compatible seat cover. You can also change the appearance by dying for some materials which save you a great deal.
e) Do seat covers affect my car warranty and legal requirements?
- All of the set covers in this guide are DOT compliant. Some seats are considered unsafe due to poor adjustments for fire, safety belts, and other safety considerations. Most manufacturers actually consider any modification to your car a violation of warranty but everyone uses seat covers and manufacturers will hardly punish you for having one.
Buying a seat cover for your jeep wrangler is a necessary investment for any jeep wrangler owner who needs to keep a jeep in good condition and enjoy the service of the car. When buying seat covers from jeep seat covers Walmart or Amazon, you have to check all brands and quality to make the best quality purchase. This guide has put together everything you need to make the best jeep wrangler seat cover purchase for any jeep model. Make sure you contact the manufacturer to get information on headrest cover compatibility as well as the specific installation instructions for your car.