Top 10 Best Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights 2018 – Reviews and Top Picks!
All versions of the jeep wrangler offer a great driving experience with their great grip of the road even when off-roading. All models from the CJ, TJ, JK models to the latest JL model roll out of the factory with lacking headlights that will not meet up to your requirements. The weak factory headlights limit your view when driving at night or bad weather. LED light technology has great options for upgrades on your jeep wrangle and this guide reviews the best jeep wrangler LED headlights that will help you avoid low quality LED lights in the market that may not be any better than your factory lights.
Top 3 Best Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights: Editor’s Pick
|Xprite LED Halo Headlight|
|Sunpie 7 Inch DC LED Headlight|
|Selo 600k H4 LED Bulbs|
Led light technology has improved over the years offering great reflector, projector and fore facing headlights that offer great lighting for both days, fog and night lighting. Depending on your model, these lights offer a lasting lighting option at a lower cost that makes your driving experience feel great. These review lights are plug and play which will fit directly with your harness whether you have an h4 or H13 plug in the wiring.
- Best Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights Review:
- 1. The Xprite LED Halo Headlights
- 2. The Sunpie 7 Inch DC LED Headlight
- 3. The Selo 600k H4 LED Bulbs
- 4. The Sunpie Black Style LED Headlight Kit
- 5. The LX-Light LED Headlights
- 6. The Hikari LED Headlight Conversion Kit
- 7. Omotor RGB 7 Inch LED Headlights
- 8. The Xprite Cree LED HI-LO LED Headlights
- 9. The OLS Magnum LED Headlights.
- 10. The SUPAREE RGB LED Headlamps
- Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Choose Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights
- Frequently Asked Questions About Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights:
Best Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights Review:
1. The Xprite LED Halo Headlights
This is one of the best Canbus integrated jeep wrangler headlights. It is a projector style headlight that achieves 9600lm HI and 7200LO beams on 12v 40w headlights. These 40w bulbs with the polycarbonate lens are brighter than your original halogen HID bulbs with a 50,000-hour lifespan. Xprite Halo projector lights have a polycarbonate lens and incorporate HI-LO, daytime running light and an amber turning light. The aluminum housing and ribbed design help to disperse the heat for a cooling effect.
The famous Cree chips are very durable and this headlight has a powerful beam. It is a J series 7-inch Wrangler headlight that fits well with raise Jeep SUVs. It directs the beam focus to light the road better to avoid blinding oncoming drivers. It is a simple plug and play headlight that comes with both H13 and H4 adapter which makes it compatible with TJ, CJ, JK, JL and even Hummer H1 and H2 models. You have to buy a mounting bracket but this is one of the best jeep wranglers LED headlights available.
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime customer support.
- The die-cast aluminum housing is weatherproof for a long-lasting.
- A standard power consumption with 40w bulbs running on 12v to avoid straining your battery.
- Offers both Halo Angel eye daytime lighting as well as amber turning lights.
2. The Sunpie 7 Inch DC LED Headlight
This is also a very powerful projection wrangler LED headlight that works well on Harley Davidson models. It runs 4 12v 80w LED bulbs with a 30, 000 hour lifespan. The headlight produces a 7200lm HI and 3600lm Low beam which is suitable for JK and JL model but can still work well with your TJ and CJ wranglers. The biggest attraction is the standard price and it comes with H4 and H13 adapters with a simple plug and play set up.
Sunpie produces some of the best wranglers led headlights with white Halo angel DRL as well as the amber turning lights. This package has a fulltime customer support for free maintenance. You may need to buy an antiflicker harness separately considering the strain on the battery from the combined 80w high beam output on your battery.
- It relies on an internal fern for cooling which is very effective in heat dispersion.
- The package is easy to install. It comes with LED ballast and a set of H4 and H13 adapters.
- The waterproof casing and strong aluminum built can withstand tough weather.
3. The Selo 600k H4 LED Bulbs
Selo has the best Jeep Wrangler LED headlights in terms of HI-LO and fog light beam bulb options. This single set has 6 pcs with a combined 168w consumption adjustable to 16000lm HI beam and 3200 low beams. This makes it suitable for a foggy weather, very dark nights as well as moonlit nights. The bulbs have powerful CSP chops with concave reflectors that prevent light scattering and reduces glare. The 6pc bulb set has 10v 60w bulbs and 18v 84w bulbs with 30, 000-hour lifespans.
The Selo kit 5 series comes with a 2-year warranty. It has a simple plug and play installation interface with a guiding manual. The Canbus integrated H4 bulbs are flicker resistant although they use a lot of battery power. They are cooled by an inbuilt Rpm fern for heat dispersion.
- 2-year warranty with a free return policy.
- The classy gold aluminum casing that is weatherproof.
- A wide range of adjustable beams for convenience in different modes.
4. The Sunpie Black Style LED Headlight Kit
This is a sunpie premium 4 40w bulb J series kit that is suitable with JK models as well as CJ and TJ Jeep Wranglers. The classy black interface with a Half HI-LO interface gives the bulb a gleaming classy appearance. This set uses powerful polycarbonate lens that disperses the light evenly across the road giving you a sharp beam. Talking of projector Len headlights they are the best headlights for jeep wrangler best suited for the high jeeps.
This sunpie headlight kit combines 4 powerful bulbs with to produce an adjustable 3600lm HI and 1800lm LO beam. It comes with an H4/H13 adapter making it suitable for both CJ. TJ, JK and JL models although you may have to buy an extra bracket for some models such as the Rubicon.
- A black style design with a half HI-LO that offers a great appearance.
- Even dispersion offering the best view for a raised jeep.
- A standard price.
5. The LX-Light LED Headlights
LX uses the American made Cree chip in their bulbs and this DC package applies them on 12v 75w bulbs for a very bright HI beam of 5500lm. The package comes with 2 pieces of fog light bulbs that light at 1600lm. This is a power intensive DC package that is quite strenuous on the battery but it offers a great driving experience. The 12 fore facing LED bulbs are aligned at a unique angle to provide a beam dispersion that offers a sharp cut suitable for 2017 4 door and 2 door JK models as well as well as LJ and CJ models.
The aluminum casing is strengthened with strong plastic and toughened glass to offer a weatherproof protection for the 50,000hr lifespan bulbs. The set comes with a specialized fog light adapter so there is no need to cut your wiring to make room for the fog lights.
- Low current as 0.75w in Low beams which is quite gentle on your battery.
- A set of fog lights, as well as an adapter, is included in the package.
- 12 Fore facing bulbs offer a bright beam even if some bulbs flicker or become dim.
6. The Hikari LED Headlight Conversion Kit
Hikari has a set of Philips Lumileds bulb pairs with a 1200lm beam per pair with a slim 0.8mm which work almost like HID halogen bulbs. It is quite a high tech with a standard bright beam that can be used for HI-LO, DRL as well as fog lights. The thin heat film increases the beam focus making the bulbs brighter than standard halogen bulbs.
You can check the most suitable pair for your car on the Philips automotive platform. Each pair is standardly priced and you can choose the best combination for your jeep. They are the best jeep wrangler LED headlights for upgrading your lighting on a CJ and TJ model jeep. Each bulb has its own cooling system maintaining a low temperature even with maximum use. You get a 2-year warranty with a free return on each purchase too. You may interest in the best jeep antenna review.
- Option to upgrade a specific set of bulbs
- A strong bright beam that imitates HID halogen but more powerful.
- The beam focus is sharp with the ultra-thin heat sink model.
7. Omotor RGB 7 Inch LED Headlights
The RGB multicolor projection style LED Headlights from Omotor is one of the best jeep wranglers LED headlights with DLR. The bulbs run on adjustable 40w 3600lm high beam and 30w 2700lm low beam on TJ, JK and JL models with Hummer compatibility. You have to get a bracket for Hummer H2. The bulbs use the Cree adapters and a PMMA projector lens to produce white and RGB beams with a lifespan of 50000 hours. The high impact strengthened aluminum housing offers great protection to the bulb for durability.
Omotor offers you a buy one get one free option as well as a free radio transmitter which you get after purchase. The company offers unlimited maintenance service on the package with customer service available via email, chat and phone. it has an H4/H13 adapter compatible with CJ, TJ, JK and JL models.
- An extra strengthened black aluminum housing offering indestructible protection.
- Free long-term customer service that offers a free Bluetooth remote control.
- An inbuilt cooling pad that spreads the heat evenly keeping the bulbs cool.
- The RGB multicolor interface offers a large range of color choices for customization.
8. The Xprite Cree LED HI-LO LED Headlights
The Xprite model offers some of the best LED HI-LO bulbs for jeep wrangler headlights and their combination of the American made Cree Chip is a great improvement. This particular model has a set of 15 for facing LED bulbs that have a 10920lm combined beam with a very sharp cut. The bulbs are 12v 75w sets that have a lifespan of up to 50,000 hours. You need to buy an extra mounting bracket for JKs. The DRL mode is also available at 1600lm.
The bulbs are protected with a die-cast aluminum housing which is shockproof, waterproof and explosion resistant. the high current flow is cooled by an inbuilt fern as well as the ribbed housing which helps in heat dispersion. The 10920lm is brightened by the Xprite bicarbonate lens which makes this headlight’s beam to focus even better than the regular projection style beam.
- The package of 15 bulbs offers more brightness with redundancy in case one fails.
- The combined rib housing and inbuilt fern are a perfect cooling system.
- The combined power offers sharp HI beams with a better focus.
- Lifelong customer service from Xprite.
9. The OLS Magnum LED Headlights.
This is the probably best jeep wrangler headlight power saving resistant Led kit in the market. The OLS rugged anti shutter built is a fore facing style bulb with cone reflectors to focus the beams resulting in a bright cool white beam in high mode. The flood style low beam and a powerful set of DRL extensions allow you to enjoy a bright road in almost any weather. It comes with a 1-year warranty with a return option.
These 65w bulbs use only 2.45 amps in HI beam and 1.3 in low beam making them the most gentle package on your battery. The polycarbonate lens and cone-shaped reflectors help to disperse the light even in DRL and Low beams. The package includes a pair of DRL lights and an adapter which supports both H4 and H13 wiring making it suitable for all models of Jeep wrangles. It is a great option for a budget LED headlight upgrade.
- A rugged looking bracket shaper DRL package that complements your car’s mean appearance.
- An extra set of replacement bulbs is included in the package.
- Compatible with any 7-inch OEM sealed headlight model including all Harley Davidson models.
10. The SUPAREE RGB LED Headlamps
RGB options are always a welcome addition to your jeep wrangler’s lighting and this model used it to complement a great projector headlamp. The reflector style RGB pair brightens up your bumper considering the set comes with HI-LO, DRL and Fog lights. This model uses 9v to 32v 50w Creed LED chip bulbs to produce a 3600lm HI-beam and a 1800lm LO-Beam. Fog lights and RGB use 30w bulbs.
The RGB bulb adopts the latest hardened plastic design with a halo ring shape. The HI-LO lights come with an H4/H13 connector while the 4 inch RGB and fog lights only have an H4 connector meaning you have to get an adapter to fit it on JK and JL jeep wranglers. This model has incorporated tech designs on RGB with Bluetooth, iPhone and Android control for timing and music modes.
- Remote control on with blinking, flashing and brightness adjustments using app control.
- A high tech RGB with A variety of color choices for customization.
- Economical power consumption with the RGB and fog lights with the 30w bulbs.
Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Choose Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights
So what should you consider before buying a LED Headlight for your jeep wrangler?
Ease of connection and compatibility
Most LED headlights have an adapter to connect to both H4 harness for CJ, and TJ models while the new JK and JL models need an H13 plug. you have to make sure that both are added to the package before you purchase. Plug and Play headlight kits should also have a simple installation guide. Complicated wirings may leave your harness damaged.
An anti-flickering Harness
LED lights are made in EMC modes and may not necessarily agree with your wiring without current flow disruptions. a package that offers anti-flickering harness additions will save you money as well as reduce the time taken to install your LED headlights.
All weather lighting options
When you ride in fog, moonlit nights, very dark nights or any form of lighting provided by nature, the best-LED headlight should be able to adapt. You should choose a package that has HO-LO, DRL, and at least fog lights or RGB if not both to drive well in these conditions.
A jeep wrangler is an all-weather vehicle with a great grip on the road even when driving offroad. The LED headlights have to be resistant to match up to these requirements. extra strengthened aluminum housings protect the bulb better as they are more resistant to shatter.
Durability and Customer support
Investing in a LED headlight upgrade for your Jeep is supposed to be a long lasting solution to the company’s weak halogen bulbs. as a result, a great bulb should have 30,000 to 50,000 hours lifespan to give you value for your money. A warranty covering at least two years for these bulbs will also help you avoid losses to substandard packages.
Frequently Asked Questions About Jeep Wrangler LED Headlights:
1. How do you adjust Jeep LED headlights?
When you replace your original halogen bulb with a LED headlight, you need to adjust the housing, not the bulb. All you need is a clear wall, a tape and a compatible driver mostly Torx-15.
- Cut a piece of tape and place it 3 feet above the ground on the wall and park your car with the headlights pointing the tape. The headlights will be pointing above the tape.
- Insert your driver into to the lamp adjusting screw located around the 10 o’clock position on the passenger headlight and adjust anticlockwise until the light is below the tape.
- Repeat the same for the driver side headlight except here, the adjusting screw is located at about the 2 o’clock position.
2. How long do LED lights last?
- LED lights produce less heat and they have a longer lifespan than your regular halogen bulbs while producing a brighter light. Most standard bulbs will last 3 to 5 years (30,000 to 50,000 hours)
3. Is switching to LED headlights economical?
- LED technology has evolved to produce both efficient lighting at lower prices. The most economical advantage of LED headlights is the longer lifespan with regulated power consumption which elongates your Jeep’s life.
4. Which type of LED headlights are best for a JEEP wrangler?
- Projection style headlights are best for raised Jeeps especially the J models which need a stronger beam to keep a clear sight of the road. Both reflector and fore facing headlights are still suitable for your jeep as long as you buy a reliable package.
The choice of a headlight is as important as the choice of a car. Jeep Wranglers are great cars that are limited by poor factory lighting capacity which means the cost of your car should almost definitely include that of an upgrade. Whether you are out for a better version of your LED headlights or a first-time upgrade, this reviews will help you profile and buy the best jeep wrangler headlights in the market.