10 Best HID Headlight Conversion Kits 2019 – Top Models Reviewed!
The shortcomings of the weak Halogen factory bulbs that come with a car can be really frustrating for a driver. When you decide to get an improvement customized to your own strength and color, HID conversion kits offer the best experience. Deciding on the best HID kit that will fit your design is hard considering the large variety in the market.
When buying an HID, the gap between a waste of money, breaking the law, ruining your car’s electric system and having a great experience on the road is very slim. This is the review of the market’s best HID conversion kits that can offer you the best experience. The guide will help you achieve the best driving experience while avoiding damaging mistakes. Check out best jeep wrangler led headlight review.
- Best HID Kit Review:
- 1. The Innovated HID slim conversion kit
- 2. The OPT7 HID Blitz Relay bundle
- 3. The Xentec HID conversion kit
- 4. The SDX DC Xenon Headlight
- 5. The Kensun 55w HID Xenon conversion kit
- 6. The Morimoto Elite H11 HID kit
- 7. The Aukee Super Canbus HID Conversion Kit
- 8. Xtreme vision Xenon Slim HID conversion kit
- 9. The HID warehouse Xenon Conversion Kit
- 10. The JLM premium HID conversion kit
- Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Choose HID Kit
- Frequently Asked Questions About HID Kits:
Best HID Kit Review:
|1. Innovated HID slim conversion kit|
|2. The OPT7 HID Blitz Relay bundle|
|3. The Xentec HID conversion kit|
|4. The SDX DC Xenon Headlight|
|5. The Kensun 55w HID Xenon conversion kit|
|6. The Morimoto Elite H11 HID kit|
|7. The Aukee Super Canbus HID Conversion Kit|
|8. Xtreme vision Xenon Slim HID conversion kit|
|9. The HID warehouse Xenon Conversion Kit|
|10. The JLM premium HID conversion kit|
1. The Innovated HID slim conversion kit
This Brand joins the best hid kit review for the ease of installation and a collective package of all colors for almost any bulb size. The brand has some of the best ballasts in the market with a 55w strength for all versions.
The Bi-Xenon bulbs light on a 3900lm light with a 5500-hour lifespan. It is a plug and play HID headlight and you will install it within 30 minutes with the installation manual. It also has a 2-year warranty. The AC current used by the kit integrates with your car battery without much voltage change ensuring compatibility with even motorbikes.
- A universal ballasts fit for almost any car and motorcycle.
- The ballasts are very strong and weatherproof for durability.
- Support for all color and bulb strength at the same Bi-Xenon quality beams.
- Suited for any model of a car including motorbikes without circuit interference.
2. The OPT7 HID Blitz Relay bundle
This is simply OPT7’s combination of 2 35w ballasts, 2 bulbs and a relay harness that work well as a strong HID kit. It is a simple plug and play and all you need to do is join the kit to your wiring and get an HID experience. These HID headlights use the 3100lm light with a strong Xenon beam that lights nearly 4 times brighter than your factory halogen bulb. The main attraction to the OPT7 is the powerful Ballasts associated with this Blitz series.
The best version for most car brands is the TPIM version. The version is designed to draw a smaller quantity of raw power that prevents strain on your wiring. The company has a wide range of bulbs compatible with most vehicles. You have to check the Philips website for your best fitting bulb and use the installation guide to install.
- The choice for both HI-LO and Bi-xenon beams for select bulb options.
- The integration of the non-cycling technology for a nonflickering glow.
- A stainless steel casing that is water resistant for durability.
3. The Xentec HID conversion kit
The power of upgrading to a bright high white beam halogen through a DC connection is the main attraction of this HID brand. It is one of the best HID kits in the market using the Bi-xenon 35w alloy slim ballast. The HID headlights rely on an HI-LO cool white halogen beams for a strong light that is less prone to flickering due to the stable current flow. However, the DC wiring puts more stress on your battery reducing the wiring convenience of your car.
Xentec offers a two-year warranty on their products with customer service available only through chats and email. The installation is also quite simple with a straightforward manual attached to the kit. This bulb is compatible with many car brands. Xentec offers 6000k compatible with sizes HB5, 9004 and 9007.
- Stable lights with little flickering.
- The standard pricing is quite worth the service.
- Durable bulbs with up to 5000 light hours.
4. The SDX DC Xenon Headlight
This is simply another extension of the Kensun HID bi-xenon bulbs sold under the SDX brand. This particular brand comes with all the advantages of Kensun 2 year warranty and customer service. Kensun is still the best HID brand with great customer assistance and some of the best hid ballast in the market. The installation time is recommended at 20 minutes with full assistance from Kensun customer service. The ballasts retains the same durable features inbuilt in Kensun’s top HID converter kits. SDX sells the HB4-8000k ballasts with the 3 times power as compared to factory provided bulbs.
This kit uses a DC connection directly from your battery with a standard 3 amp power consumption in full use mode. The bulbs are compatible with sizes HB4, 9006HP, XS, HIR, and HIR2. The Sylvania and Philips websites have this product with customer assistance offered under the SDX meaning you will get it at a lower price compared to the Kensun direct purchase.
- A DC connection that draws a stronger power to the HID headlight to avoid flickers.
- A standard price with high-quality service.
- Replacements are readily available in the market.
5. The Kensun 55w HID Xenon conversion kit
This is famously known as the best self-service HID kit. It is a simple plug and play HID kit with a 20 minute unaided installation time for most cars. This is the nature of all of Kensun’s top brands. If you require professional assistance, the Kensun team offers a full assistance package for free. The famous extra aluminum case is an interesting addition. The package also includes a 2-year warranty.
The kit achieves high intensity through the 55w 12v ballasts that maintain a high light after the ignition of the gas. It also conserves power by reducing individual bulb consumption to 3 amps after the initial 20 amp ignition consumption. This is way lower than any HID headlights in the market. The conversion kit comes with a set of super bright 55-watt bulbs that can produce 5 times more brightness than your standard halogen bulbs.
The bulbs in this package are Bi-Xenon – 600k compatible with sizes HB5, 9007, and 9004. This AC HID kit simply integrates with your initial car wiring without affecting your battery or the flow of current. The only thing you have to do is check out your car’s bulb size and reach out to your seller on Philips.
- Low power consumption for both headlamps and offroad lights.
- An easy to use installation guide that allows quick unaided installation.
- A large variety of colors including pink, bright yellow, blue and white lights.
- The package is universal for almost any car brand with fog lights, off-road lights, high beam and interior lights.
6. The Morimoto Elite H11 HID kit
Morimoto is famous for their HID systems that can be easily installed even by amateurs with ease. The company has high-quality beams and this kit has a range from 35w to 50w capacity. This kit comes with high quality H11 5500k. Morimoto bulbs with a high-quality double relay harness are compatible with almost any car wiring. It is the one of the easiest plug and play installation interfaces. The company offers some of the longest warranties in the market with this elite kit having 5 years for the 35w ballast and bulb and 3 years for the 55w ballast and bulb. You can still get your bulb replaced for free if it goes dim after three years. The customer support is available by phone, chat, and email.
- Durability standards incorporated in all appliances including the harness.
- Long warranty 0f 3 to 5 years with reliable customer support.
- Easy to install interface with very little hands-on experience required.
7. The Aukee Super Canbus HID Conversion Kit
The Aukee brand has tried to bridge most power consumption shortcomings of most HID kits. It is basically the most power efficient HID Kit with a startup consumption of just 8 amps and 4.2amps full use power. The 55W ballast is also powerful with a strong cold white xenon glow that can light up a very long distance. The integration of the canbus connectivity technology to reduces errors and extend bulb life to over 30, 000 light hours.
The Aukee HID kit is compatible with almost any bulb in the market. The kit comes with 2 6000k Aukee xenon bulbs and a harness and installation manuals. The ballast has a 55w output capacity that can light up a bulb to 85% brightness within 3 seconds. The beam lights at 4300lm with bulb durable features which make this one of the best HID kits for a universal car and bulb use. The brand, however, doesn’t integrate with Dodge Ram and Ford 150 cars. Other cars of the same make may have connection problems with the canbus system.
- Achieves peak brightness in a short time with low start-up power consumption.
- Universal bulb compatibility with no brand restrictions.
- Long range bulb focus with long life over 50,000 hours.
- Very easy to install as it is compatible with the factory halogen system eliminating the need for modification.
8. Xtreme vision Xenon Slim HID conversion kit
This Xenon kit by HD warehouse is best suited for both DC/AC connection that makes it suitable for any wiring. The Xenon beam is produced on a 35w ballast with 6000k plug and play bulbs. Installation is simple if you use the installation manual. Tech support is also offered by HD warehouse via phone, chat and email.
The battery harness is a little complicated and you may need professional assistance to get the right wire length for big vehicles. The main disadvantage is the unreliable current that leads to a flicker on the lights and weak plastic bulb casing quite vulnerable to water, dust, and pebbles. The manufacturer has a free return policy on the product.
- Connect via both AC and DC currents.
- The 35w Asic ballast is quite reliable with low power consumption.
9. The HID warehouse Xenon Conversion Kit
HID warehouse has great ballast too but the greatest attraction is the standard pricing for all their products. This particular release of the 35w xenon ballast with slim ballast and 35w 8000k bulbs is very affordable. The 35w ballasts are compatible with many car models but you may need a harness or a canceller cable for some models. The brand offers all colors and almost every bulb size allowing you to even upgrade your bulb to your desired brand.
If you buy this brand, you should consider getting more spare bulbs or another brand of bulbs. Their bulbs are made of a plastic casing which leaves them vulnerable to the weather. The integration with the DC current is also poor leading to flickering lights sometimes. You should consider checking for bulb compatibility before replacing your halogen bulbs with HID warehouse Xenon conversion kits.
- A large variety of colors with universally fitting 35w bulbs.
- A standard price for the whole package affordable to most users.
- The digital ASIC ballast integrates well with almost any 35w bulb.
10. The JLM premium HID conversion kit
This is like an upgrade of the Xentec HID kit. When talking of the best HID kits in the market, this German technology kit is still among the best for medium range HID conversion kits. The 3600lm xenon bulb lights at 3 times the brightness of a standard halogen bulb. The electricity saving at 35% with both HI-LO and BI-Xenon beams supported.
The non-cycling technology is incorporated to reduce flickering. The HID kit is compatible with all standard OEM bulbs making it universal. The insulated wires and grade 7 silicon alloy casing allows for durability and prevents overheating and shock. The package comes with H11 500K cool white bulbs.
- Universal standard OEM bulb compatibility.
- Durability design with insulation on wires and casing making it weatherproof.
- The non-cycling interface prevents flickering.
- The UV cut quartz 35w bulb prevents light scattering while maintaining a clear beam.
Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Choose HID Kit
What should your best HID kit have?
HID conversion kits are long-term investments that have to offer you value for your money. Before making a purchase, you have to look at the period of warranty offered and the services attached to the package. The best warranty should involve free service and replacement in case any accessory has a defect within the specified time. Avoid partial warranties.
Ease of installation
The plug and play HID kits should have a manual guide on the best way to install and best car electronic system considerations. The package should include a mounting bracket and a manual among other accessories such as a harness. Complicated installations can be dangerous as you may make a damaging mistake.
The power consumption needed to ignite the bulb and the voltage which runs from 80v to 100v is a very important consideration. 35w bulbs are easier on your car’s electronic system as compared to 55w bulbs which in turn produce more powerful beams. AC kits are gentler on the car battery as compared to DC kits which take more power from the battery.
Customer assistance and availability of spares
HID bulbs light by burning gas which use a high voltage and their lifespan is limited. A suitable HID kit should offer easy access to replacements in case a bulb malfunctions. Customer service should help you choose the best bulb fit for your car.
You may love a feature about one kit and a different accessory from another kit. Compatibility with many bulb sizes and colors will make it easier to customize your most required HID experience. Flexible HID conversion kits also make your switch less expensive as you can retain some items with no need for a fresh installation.
Year of release and supported models
Legal requirements such as capacitors and other traction requirements change all the time and HID conversion kits need to adhere to these. Some kits may not be upgraded to adhere with the latest rules leading to a legal problem. You need to check the state laws and enquire from the seller whether their HID kit adheres to them.
Frequently Asked Questions About HID Kits:
1. Which HID headlights are the best?
- Kensun HID lights are still the best brand due to their design. They have a powerful set of bulbs and ballasts that is still gentle on the car electronic system. However, all these are best HID kit reviews and you can check out your most desired features and the kit that suits you best.
2. What are the benefits of an HID headlight over LED and halogen bulbs?
- HID headlights produce a bright light that imitates sunlight making night and bad weather driving safer.
- HID bulbs have a longer lifespan compared to halogen bulbs while producing 3 to 5 times more light.
- HID bulbs also consume less power leaving your battery stronger.
3. How long will my HID bulbs last?
- Most bulbs have a lifespan of 3 to 5 years. (30,000 to 50,000 hours)
4. Are HID kits permanent?
- The whole kit can be removed if you want to replace it. You can easily upgrade to another kit or go back to your factory bulbs whenever you wish.
Whether you are buying a hid headlight for the first time or simply looking to make an upgrade, a fact-based purchase will help you get a better driving experience. After purchasing your HID kit, you have to ensure your battery is disconnected before installing the kit. In case you realize the HID conversion kit is interfering with your car’s electronic system, you should seek assistance from a professional to remove or repair it. Now you may go for Rock Lights.